Wildfire 3.2.2 with JAVA VM 1.6.0 out of memory again!

Okay, I need a resolve for this issue. My corporate IM is down again and the executives are wondering why we went to this product?

I had to create the file ‘‘wildfired.vmoptions’’ per a technician a week ago and place it in the C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin with the lines of code- -

Xms512m

-Xmx1024m

-Xincgc

-Xloggc:JGCLOG

The system keeps running out of memory. I had another post that some said go back to 1.50 JAVA VM. Do you not test JAVA 1.6.0 first before you released it.

How do I go back to 1.5.0 JAVA SE or is there a fix for 1.6.0. ?

I need my system up and running ASAP we are a newspapers and magazine company.

Do you know that you are running the 1.6 JDK? From a command line enter java -version.

Java™ 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_11-b03)

Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 1.5.0_11-b03, mixed mode)

But in the Admin Screen in WIldfire is says -

"Environment

JVM Version and Vendor: 1.6.0 Sun Microsystems Inc. – Java HotSpot™ Server VM

Appserver: jetty-6.1.x "

I did find in add/remove prorams that JAVA J2E 1.5.0 rev 11 is installed. When I installed WIldfire I download thepackage that contained the java as well. Do i need to un-install the J2E 1.5.0 reb 11 from add/remove prorams and re-install Wildfire?

Message was edited by: mdjadmin

Wildfire comes bundled with it’‘s own JRE. Test this on a testing box first, but you should be able to delete wildfire’'s JRE directory, to have the system JRE take over (1.5).

okay I xxxjrexx in the Widlfire directory and then launched wildfire. IT launched and have the following results-

Environment

JVM Version and Vendor: 1.5.0_11 Sun Microsystems Inc. – Java HotSpot™ Client VM

Appserver: jetty-6.1.x

OS / Hardware: Windows 2000 / x86

Locale / Timezone: en / Eastern Standard Time (-5 GMT)

Java Memory

1016.67 MB of 1023.94 MB (99.3%) used

I’'m currently testing Spark 2.0.8 and 2.5.0 BETA 4 to make sure all is working.

okay, WIldfire is running again using J2E 5.0 instead of the WIldfire provided 6.0. I will monitor it over the next day or so to see if I still have the memory issue.

System is now stable at 99.2% util.

How many users do you have connecting to your wildfire server? It sounds like you have quite a load, in which case I recommend you look into Wildfire’'s connection managers.

System Crashed again even with using J2SE 1.5.0

I have added the following lines to the ‘‘wildfired.vmoptions’’ located in C:\Program Files\Wildfire\bin per code on JAVA.com to see if it would help and it does not?

-Xms512m

-Xmx1024m

Xloggc:GCLOG

-XX:MaxHeapFreeRatio=70

-XX:MinHeapFreeRatio=40

-XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=50

-XX:+UseGCOverheadLimit=1024m

I need help to resolve this issue.

Were you able to take a heap dump with the crash? Analyzing the heap dump should let us troubleshoot where the memory is being allocated within Wildfire.