Wildfire build issues

Hi All,

I am trying to build wildfire from source and keep on getting the following error, I get the same error whether I use ant from command line OR eclipse. I am using the default ant target. Any pointers will be helpful

-jspc-impl:

Compiling 63 source files to D:\JiveServer\wildfire_src\target\jspc\classes

D:\JiveServer\wildfire_src\target\jspc\java\org\jivesoftware\wildfire\admin\aud it_002dpolicy_jsp.java:139: cannot find symbol

symbol : method setIgnoreList(java.util.ArrayList<java.lang.String>)

location: interface org.jivesoftware.wildfire.audit.AuditManager

auditManager.setIgnoreList(new ArrayList());

^

D:\JiveServer\wildfire_src\target\jspc\java\org\jivesoftware\wildfire\admin\aud it_002dpolicy_jsp.java:164: cannot find symbol

symbol : method setIgnoreList(java.util.Collection<java.lang.String>)

location: interface org.jivesoftware.wildfire.audit.AuditManager

auditManager.setIgnoreList(newIgnoreList);

^

It seems that javac fails on Java Generics (the lines with words between <>). Java Generics is a new language feature that has been introduced in Java 1.5.0. Could you check which Java version you use? (try java -version)

Actually java version is correct. 1.5.

Weird. What source (SVN, nightly, version?) are you trying to build? Did you check if you have more than one version of Java installed? If you have, can you double check which version you use to compile Wildfire with (I think it’‘s under “Windows | Preferences” then “Java / Installed JREs” in Eclipse)? Could you check if you’'ve set the system variable JAVA_HOME?