Wildfire conflicts w/ Monit?

I’‘ve been playing w/ both Monit & Wildfire lately (new to both)… I’'ve got a Monit 4.8.1 install that worx perfectly (just as it should), and a Wildfire 3.0.0 install on the same box that also worx perfectly (outside of perpetual ‘‘on the phone’’ status bug). But…

For some strange reason, Wildfire is crapping out on me the moment I start Monit.

When I go to log in to Wildfire through the web interface, it goes to the setup screen and says that it can’'t complete setup because:

Home not found. Define system property “wildfireHome” or create and add the wildfire_init.xml file to the classpath

Keep in mind this is an already installed, currently used install of Wildfire. I don’'t see anything out of the ordinary in my Monit control file either (currently monitoring: asterisk, apcupsd, cron, ssh, syslog) with answering to web interface on port 800.

Anyone have an idea, or have experience w/ Monit?

• J

Hi,

do you start first Wildfire and then Monit?

Are you using Windows, Linux or another operating system?

Other programs should not cause trouble for Wildfire unless they don’'t use ports 5222, 5223, 5269, 7777, 9090 or 9091.

LG

Sorry, should’'ve mentioned, this is all running on same Linux box…

Trixbox 1.1.1

Asterisk 1.2.9.1

Zaptel 1.2.7

CentOS 4.3

Wildfire 3.0.0 (3.0.1 showed blank Phone Mappings)

Spark 1.1.4

Monit 4.8.1

…currently, I’'ve got Wildfire starting on boot as a service (having used redhat-postinstall.sh), and then I am starting Monit manually as I tinker w/ it (default installation).

• J

Hi,

so you may want to locate the bin/wildfire script and add WILDFIRE_HOME there with

export WILDFIRE_HOME=$app_home

echo $WILDFIRE_HOME >"$prg_dir/…/logs/wildfire_home.log"

just before the ‘‘nohup “$app_java_home/bin/java”…’’ line.

It should be supplied as an environment variable with ‘’-DwildfireHome=$app_home’’ within the ‘‘nohup “$app_java_home/bin/java”…’’ line but it seems that this is broken for some linux releases.

Or it is not resolved properly, that’'s why I did also add the ‘‘echo $WILDFIRE_HOME’’ line so you can check it in logs/wildfire_home.log

LG