Wildfire Kicks All Users Off Periodically

Hi,

I just upgraded from Jive Messenger to Wildfire and since the upgrade I have noticed that about once an hour (or so) all my users get kicked off the server and they can reconnect again almost instantly.

I have the following error in my error.log file being repeated over and over:

2006.01.19 15:52:12 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl$SaveQueuedPacketsTask.run(Audito rImpl.java:187) Internal server error

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl.saveQueuedPackets(AuditorImpl.j ava:199)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl.access$100(AuditorImpl.java:33)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl$SaveQueuedPacketsTask.run(Audit orImpl.java:184)

at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)

at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)

What does it mean and any ideas on how to correct this?

Thanks

Stevo

I read the forums and found the conversation about clients being dropped every 30 minutes…

2.4.2 solve those problems. 2.4.3 got released with a lot of bug fixed. you can give 2.4.3 a try.

wmhtet

maybe changing xmpp.client.idle[/b] property to -1 and restarting of server could help. This should disable closing client sessions after idle (default 30 minutes)

Where do I set the xmpp.client.idle property?

Log into the admin console and click on “System Properties”. Remember to restart the server after changing or creating new system properties.

Regards,

– Gato

Steve,

I added some improved logic to try to prevent the NullPointerException you’‘re seeing. I don’‘t think it’'s related to losing user sessions, though.

Regards,

Matt

Thanks Matt… will that be released next version? Should I worry about these NullPointerExceptions?

Steve,

Yep, I just checked in the fix. You can ignore the NullPointer. Unfortunately, you’‘ll probably need to do a restart of the server to clear out the loop of error messages though. Once you restart, you shouldn’‘t get another set of the errors very often. You could use tomorrow’'s nightly build to get the fix as well.

The issue number is JM-535.

Regards,

Matt