Wildfire not authenticating against LDAP

I followed the thread earlier on the xml tags being out of place. immediately vpn’‘d to the box from home and low and behold… it didn’'t have that issue. Still can;t get the system to allow login from either LDAP or local from the admin tool, and cannot connect a client to it from either local or LDAP authorized login. Really at my wits end on this one fellas, read as many LDAP entried on the forums today as I could take, no new information. i have uninstalled and completely reinstalled the rpm for .5.1, no new help on that either. have checked the account for LDAP for directory login, it checks as good, IP to server is good. have tried connecting to port 636 and 389. No go with authorization. We do use certificates across a TLS connection to all out LDAP baxes. LDAP Boxes are RedHat based. Works very well on my existing Jabberd2s8 production server, and I am using the info directly from the config.xml for that box. I dont know where else to look folks. config below. will update with error logs in a second, there are alot of errors to be seen. ONly question I have now is, when logging into this box using a known good LDAP login, what form should I be using on the admin tool me_first@testserversFQDN or just me_first???

config:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

true

com.foo.factoryClass

org.jivesoftware.wildfire.ldap.LdapUserProvider

org.jivesoftware.wildfire.ldap.LdapAuthProvider

org.jivesoftware.wildfire.ldap.Ldap.GroupProvider

org.jivesoftware.database.DefaultConnectionProvid erorg.postgr esql.Driverjdbc:postgresql://127.0.0.1:5432/wildfire</server URL>postgrepasswordomitted5151.0< /connectionTimeout>true< enabled>true

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.group.GroupManager.(GroupManager.java:35)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.plugin.BroadcastPlugin.initializePlugin(BroadcastPlug in.java:73)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java :281)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager.access$200(PluginManager.java :48)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManag er.java:658)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101 (Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodi c(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknow n Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

the interesting thing about all of this is I can see where the jgarner and the admin login are attempted authenticated against LDAP, and ofcourse fail, but nothing when I try and put in my real LDAP user name. But that still doesnt allow me into the admin interface.

Message was edited by: jeff_garner

The config is funny…

you used

/code

Shouldn’'t it be

/code

or you just have this typo here?

ok. Let me check that and get back to tthe foorums on what I find.

it would seem that the one period would cause all of these problems. one thing, it looks now to be caching my entire LDAP database to the wildfire server LOL! Man I appreciate it.!

Jeff