wildfire+PyMSNt+JwChat, how to make the jwchat support chinese?

hello guys

I had installed wildfirePyMSNtJwChat successfully,and they run well.Now the question is the JwChat can’‘t support chinese well.I guess that maybe need some changes of JwChat( the character code ec. ),but I don’'t know how to do that,any one tell me ?

thanks

cjc

Hi,

is it really JWChat which causes the problems?

I’'ve never seen a chinese Wildfire installation and I think also Wildfire does some charset conversions to ISO-8859-1 which drop all UTF-8 characters.

JWchat itself uses “escape()” and “unescape()” javascript methods, maybe they cause some trouble.

LG

Thank u,LG.

I’'m sure that Wildfire support chinese char well,because the one run on my computer is in Chinese.And other client like spark can support chinese…so I guess the problem is the JwChat or HttpBind…

still need help…

thanks

cjc

Hi,

are you having this problem with usernames or messages?

I tried messaging with some cyrillic characters and the Euro Sign, they are transferred in both directions (Spark<–>JWCHat) without problems. The unicode code for these characters is eg u0401-u04E9 or u20AC.

LG

Thank u everyone! Especially LG!

I get it!

Hi,

I’'d love to hear what the solution is. Maybe some other chinese Wildfire+JWChat administrators have also this problem and would be glad to find the solution here.

LG

To LG

Thank u for your help to me!

In line 37 of the file which named “JSJaCHttpBindingConnection.js”,it is like “req.setRequestHeader(’‘Content-Type’’,’‘text/xml’’);”.Change it to “req.setRequestHeader(’‘Content-Type’’,’‘text/xml;charset=utf-8’’);”, that’'all!

regards

cjc