Wildfire upgrade from JiveMessager?

I’'m on a Win2003 platform. Was running the lastest JiveMessager. I just installed Wildfire.

In mid-setup I get " The Wildfire database schema does not appear to be installed. Follow the installation guide to fix this error.". Why didn’'t this install use or upgrade the JiveMessager database? Does this mean all the users I have are gone?

OK, now I go to the “installation guide to fix this error”. it tells me to " Run the HSQLDB Database Manager by navigating to the folder where hsqldb.jar is located and type the following

java -cp hsqldb.jar org.hsqldb.util.DatabaseManager "

Now i’'m stuck with this error "Exception in thread “main” java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/hsqldb/util/Datab

aseManager"

Any clues what to do next?

Update:

I uninstalled Wildfire then re-installed JiveMessager. It asked me if I wanted to overwrite the xml file I chose NO. All my users info were retained.

Have you tried using the “User Import Export” plugin?

http://www.jivesoftware.org/wildfire/plugins.jsp

This will at least preserve the user accounts with passwords. Other server configuration options and group info, etc. would have to be rebuilt of course. Not a perfect solution, but it got me there.

I exported the users from Jive Messenger 2.2.2, then installed Wildfire 2.6.2 with a fresh database and manually reconfigured the server, then imported the users. Also did a search/replace on the exported XML file before importing, changing . This worked for me recently without any trouble, but then my server only has a few users to begin with.

Brett