Wildfire using nearly 60 megs with one user connected

I have been watching wildfire 2.5.0 since I have installed it to see its memory usage. It seems to build up to nearly 60 megs of ram and then dump it down to about 25 megs and then over the course of a few hours build right back up. I am not sure what is causing this odd trend in memory usage but it concerns me because it makes it difficult to guage how much memory I really need for my servers. I am running a test server using a memory limit of 64 megs. (light I know but its only for a small work group).

Jared Cluff

Message was edited by: jcluff

Hi Jared,

which memory parameters did you specify except -Xmx64m?

I run Wifi 2.5.0 in Tomcat and it never uses more than 20 MB.

LG

Now that you mention it, that might be it. But honestly I dont really understand what each of these parameters use.

export INSTALL4J_ADD_VM_PARAMS="-Xms32m -Xmx64m -XX:PermSize=25m -XX:MaxPermSize=50m -verbose:gc -XX:*PrintGCDetails -XX:*PrintGCTimeStamps -Xloggc:"$/logs/gc.log""

I understand the logging but the XX and Xms and Xmx confuse me. I guess it might be time to look them up.

Hi Jared,

to analyze the gc.log and for a description about the parameters please visit http://www.tagtraum.com/gcviewer-vmflags.html or java.sun.com.

For one user you may set -XX:PermSize=10m -Xms8m - as both are minimum values you could save 40 MB while the server will take some more time to start.

LG

that is quite the helpful link. What about tuning it for 30 users. Or 100-250 users?