Wilfired process using 99% CPU

this process is bringing my machine to it’'s knees. I tried dropping and recreating all the tables and reinstalling, but it still does it.

My server did the EXACT same thing (windows 2003 quad proc 2GB). I installed the service and set the JVM environment memory allocation variable to 256m and viola the thing runs perrrr-fectly

lonnybin88

Let me clarify alittle—

I installed the Wildfire Server Service and run WF using that service instead of the interactive GUI start/stop screen.

Using the service allows you (the admin) to specify the JRE environment variables. for example…

(contents of the wildfire-service.exe.vmoptions file)

Xms256m

Xmx256m

These option settings force the JRE to start with a minimum and maximum of 256mb or RAM .

after doing these two simple things my server went from completely unusable to completly stable and responsive.

loonybin88

Hey guys,

I’‘d like to narrow down what’'s going on. If you launch Wildfire using the GUI launcher, do you see the same issue?

Regards,

Matt

I only saw this issue when I used the GUI launcher.

it went away when I installed the service and set the JRE environment variable.

loonybin88

loonybin,

Can you still duplicate this issue with the GUI launcher? If so, I’‘d like to see if you can get a thread dump that would tell us what’'s eating up the CPU. You can get a thread dump by typing ctrl-break on the Java app. That should print the dump to stdout (console window).

Regards,

Matt

unfortunatley my server is now in production… I am going to be setting up another WF server for change testing purposes when I get that done and if it has the same issues I will definately pull a thread dump for you…

loonybin88

Im using wildifre 2.4.4 on Linux (RHEL4/Centos, amd64) and have after some time 99,9 %CPU.

Fragment of my error.log

2006.02.01 21:59:58 [org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(O utgoingServerSession.java:2

58)] Error trying to connect to remote server: pl(DNS lookup: pl:5269)

java.net.UnknownHostException: pl

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:177)

at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:364)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:507)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(Ou tgoingServerSession.java:253)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain(Outgo ingServerSession.java:182)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise.createSessionAndSendPac ket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:126)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise.access$300(OutgoingSess ionPromise.java:37)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$1$1.run(OutgoingSession Promise.java:91)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java: 650)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

2006.02.01 22:00:47 [org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(O utgoingServerSession.java:3

15)] Error creating secured outgoing session to remote server: jabber.aster.pl(DNS lookup: jabber.aster.pl:5269)

org.xmlpull.v1.XmlPullParserException: could not determine namespace bound to element prefix stream (position: START_DOCUMENT

seen stream:error@1:14)

at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.parseStartTag(MXParser.java:1816)

at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.parseProlog(MXParser.java:1479)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.MXParser.nextImpl(MXParser.java:331)

at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.next(MXParser.java:1093)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(Ou tgoingServerSession.java:283)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain(Outgo ingServerSession.java:139)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise.createSessionAndSendPac ket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:126)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise.access$300(OutgoingSess ionPromise.java:37)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$1$1.run(OutgoingSession Promise.java:91)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java: 650)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)

2006.02.01 22:00:47 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:159) Connection closed before session e

stablished

Socket[addr=/212.76.32.39,port=45713,localport=5269]

2006.02.01 22:00:48 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:159) Connection closed before session e

stablished

Socket[addr=/64.233.166.129,port=59037,localport=5269]

2006.02.01 22:07:50 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(Out goingServerSession.java:315) Error creating secured outgoing session to remote server: jabber.autocom.pl(DNS lookup: node-1.jabber.autocom.pl:5269)

org.xmlpull.v1.XmlPullParserException: could not determine namespace bound to element prefix stream (position: START_DOCUMENT seen stream:error@1:14)

at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.parseStartTag(MXParser.java:1816)

at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.parseProlog(MXParser.java:1479)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.MXParser.nextImpl(MXParser.java:331)

at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.next(MXParser.java:1093)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(Ou tgoingServerSession.java:283)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain(Outgo ingServerSession.java:139)

2006.02.01 22:07:50 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:159) Connection closed before session established

Socket[addr=/217.173.160.48,port=33581,localport=5269]

2006.02.01 22:07:51 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:159) Connection closed before session established

Socket[addr=/64.233.166.129,port=61414,localport=5269]

I see similar errors on Debian Sarge/i386, it also eats up 99% CPU.