Will there be openfire experts in the 10am chat today?

The reason why I’m asking is I searched for chat transcripts and the last one I saw was dated 2008. Just wanted to know if there were openfire engineers still doing this.

thanks

Nick

the chat is tomorrow, and rarely does a jive member show up. it is still a very active discussion.

Thanks Todd. What a dufus I am, a day early… Anyway. I’ve gotten openfire running and have been able to compile the user import/export plugin in eclipse and get that working. What I’m trying to do is to import vcards and I’m still a little unclear about that. I read about a plugin that someone had created in 2007 that stored vcards in AD and avatars in openfire DB but that seems outdated. So here are my questions.

1. can vcards be stored in the openfire DB without ldap/AD and can the photo also be stored?

2. If so, is there sample code showing how to do this? I was reading about VCardManager in the javadocs but didn’t have enough information to get started.

thanks

Nick

sixthring wrote:

the chat is tomorrow, and rarely does a jive member show up. it is still a very active discussion.

correction: Usually very active. Two weeks ago there were only me and Daryl

That is all built in to openfire now. Set the system property ldap.override.avatar to true to allow avatars. Here are the proper settings for vcard mappings for openfire 3.6 or above: http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/docs/DOC-1773

Please look at my other docs as well they may be of benefit to you.