Windows 2003 Server + Jive Messenger

hi there,

i’‘ve configured Jive Messenger to run on a Windows 2000 server using LDAP/AD Authentication and now i’‘m trying to get it to run on Windws 2003 server, and it’‘s just not Authenticate against LDAP for some reason, can someone tell me what i’'m doing wrong

my domain name in this case is admin.cathedral.qld.edu.au

also, this is the log file read out of the admin consol

line

2005.07.25 13:27:06 [org.jivesoftware.database.ConnectionPool.(ConnectionPool.java:106)

] Failed to create new connections on startup. Attempt 0 of 3

java.sql.SQLException: The database is already in use by another process: org.hsqldb.NIOLockFile@b27997b8[file =C:\Program Files\Jive Messenger\embedded-db\messenger.lck, exists=true, locked=false, valid=false, fl =null]: java.lang.Exception: checkHeartbeat(): lock file is presumably locked by another process.

at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcUtil.sqlException(Unknown Source)

at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcConnection.(XMPPServer.java:116)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.starter.ServerStarter.start(ServerStarter.java:82)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.starter.ServerStarter.main(ServerStarter.java:46)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)

at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)

i just realised that i didn’'t give my jive-messenger.xml LDAP content out, thought it might help

It seems that another instance of messenger is already running and that process is using the embeded database. This is causing a problem with messenger process. Check in the task manager how many instances of messenger you have.

Not sure if this affects the LDAP connection, but it affects the messenger startup for sure.

Hope this helps!

yes, that problem was i was running the program from terminal services as well as the console, but it didn’'t fix my LDAP problem? am i doing it right? i am behind a IPTABLES firewall, my internet goes out on port 8080, pretty much every other port is cut off.

hey there guys i feel really folish, but i found out my problem, i didn’'t uncomment the LDAP lines

<—

—>