Windows 2003 + Wildfire Help

Here is my problem, I am trying to get Wildfire to use Windows 2003 Active Directory for the groups and users.

However, I am experiencing many problem, when I have it set just to LDAP without database settings, wildfire

will not start, it quickly comes starts and dies (/opt/wildfire/bin/wildfire start && ps aux)

When both LDAP and databasing are used the server will run, but it gives me Wildfire Setup, and will not continue

onto the login page.

Here is my wildfire.xml, from

Sincerest Gratitudes,

I found one error, the

However it still has not remedied the problem.

Hi,

the adminDN is as far as I know not an email address. Could you please verify that your LDAP connection settings are right using a free LDAP Browser like this one: http://www.ldapadministrator.com/ ?

LG

Just caught that, I checked with ldapsearch to get the baseDN

I’'m using a test user that I made in AD

CN=wildfire,CN=Users,DC=example,DC=com

Do I need the database connection to get this to continue?

Hi,

I thought the only thing you did change was the LDAP connection. I’'m quite sure that Wildfire needs a database connection to start, so you should now see some or no log messages in the log files in wildfire/logs/ if you start it.

LG

I was just wondering about having to have the database connection.

In each example I only see but I haven’'t seen database connections in wildfire.xml

I’‘ve just changed the ldap strings, Hopefully it works, I’'ve bound to the LDAP db with ldapsearch.

One additional thing to note…

<authorizedUsernames>administrator</authorizedUsernames>

This should include the short account name of your AD account you wish for admin, or you will never be able to use the admin website. If administrator is the account you plan on using then its a mute point, if not, please make the needed change.

As per: http://www.jivesoftware.org/builds/wildfire/docs/latest/documentation/ldap-guide .html

<:Quote:>

You’‘ll most likely want to change which usernames are authorized to login to the admin console. By default, only the user with username “admin” is allowed to login. However, you may have different users in your LDAP directory that you’'d like to be administrators. The list of authorized usernames is controlled via the admin.authorizedUsernames property. For example, to let the usersnames “joe” and “jane” login

<:\Quote:>