Windows 7 64 bit taskbar issue

Hello all,

I have Spark 2.6.3 running on many PCs within my company however on one of user’s PC it is not opening. I have it installed and have entered the username, password, server information and it will load, but then the interface is not visible. There is a taskbar button, but if I click on it, it doesn’t open. If I hover over it, I can see the interface, with contacts loaded (through Aero Peek), but it will not actually open to create a message. I have tried re-installing a couple of times and have gone into the registry to delete any reg keys that are associated with the program, but nothing is working.

Has anyone experienced this issue and if so, how can it be resolved?

Windows 7 Professional 64bit SP1

Intel i5 CPU

8 gigs of RAM

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Spark has a tendency to move the x-y coordinates out of the visible screen. Maybe this is the case for you too. Right click on the task bar icon and maximzie the app. Is the window visible after maximizing. If yes: To get it visible again, use the context menue to move it. Hope this helps on Win7 too.

Unfortunately it will not open at all from the taskbar. The only visual I can get is hovering over the icon initiates Aero Peek and I can see the contacts.

Have you uninstalled Spark and deleted the profile folder of Spark? Is there an old Spark 2.5.8 profile folder on the affected PC? A complete clean install requires the manual deletion of all folders named Spark containing user profile information.

That was what I was missing. I was deleting the Program folder, but I didn’t go into each user’s AppData to remove the folder holding the user’s information. Sometimes we miss the obvious…

Thanks for the nudge in the right direction Walter.