Windows: beta 2 - upgrade from beta 1

Hello!

Re: Beta2/windows over beta1/windows.

Yeah, I took a backup of beta1.

Anyway, I ran the beta2 which did an uninstall and reinstall. I overwrote all files and rewalked through the config.

When I start up JM, I now get 512M for JVM stack. I originally had a messenger-service.exe.vmoptions that specified 256M. Is that ignored now since the file still exists?

When I start it up, it still says beta1 in many locations, HOWEVER, I see NEW options in AC.

So, what did I goof up?

Also, are there any scripts I have to run for new/altered tables for the embedded db? I couldn’'t find any instructions for update from 1->2 and it was mentioned in Wednesday chat that there would have to be some things done manually.

Thanx mucho!

More I forgot about

The reason I ask about how to manually update the embedded db is -->

java.sql.SQLException: Column not found: USERESERVEDNICK in statement

at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcUtil.throwError(Unknown Source)

Oh yeah, I just can’'t shuttup (shush wroot!).

What is best way to unregister/reregister JM as a Windows service whenever you do an upgrade? Thanks!

What is best way to unregister/reregister JM as a Windows service whenever you do an upgrade?

Why it’'s messenger-service /install and /uninstall stupid! or similar heh

Wow, this is bad when wroot doesn’'t even jump on the question .

Hey Michael,

The error that you are having is related to a new column that was added in JM 2.2 beta 1. So I guess that something went wrong during the upgrade from JM 2.1.5 to JM 2.2 beta1. Unfortunately, if the automatic upgrade of the embedded db fails then you will have to manually edit the messenger.script file.

To learn how to upgrade the embedded db from beta 1 to beta 2 read this thread http://www.jivesoftware.org/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=15131&tstart=30. That thread also contains some information on how to fix the upgrade to beta 1. Let me knot if you need more help.

Regards,

– Gato

Okay, I made the changes to the script. I’'ll have to wait til people leave work and play with it from home on the weekend.

Any clue why I’'m still getting beta1 references all over?

Thanks!

Where are you getting beta1 references? How did you make the upgrade to beta2?

Regards,

– Gato

Where are you getting beta1 references? How did you make the upgrade to beta2?

I did a manual shutdown of JM since it was running as a windows service. Then i ran the beta2 exe (which uninstalled old version) installing into same location and overwrote all files. And then restarted it and went through the config. AC shows beta1 as in " Jive Messenger, Version: 2.2.0 Beta 1" at the bottom of the AC splash screen before you sign in and other places I’'ve forgotten now. Oh, here in Server settings I get “Version: Jive Messenger 2.2.0 Beta 1”

I thought i had new functionality because I don’'t remember the user import/export being in Users/Groups…

I would have said it installed to wrong location, heh, but the files from install show 7/22 since I did it this morning.

Is there a way to backup db? (just keep old embedded-db) and do a fresh install of beta 2? Can I just copy the subdir. Wipe everything. Do Fresh install of beta2 and then copy embedded db back?

Thoughts?

How did you make the upgrade to beta2?

My previous reply deals with how this all started.

I cannot do manual upgrading/fixing right now. I will do that this weekend if i get ambitious or I’'ll do it Monday

ok ok i’'m here at last

Yes, the first thing i’‘ve noticed after upgrade it’‘s a wrong version number everywhere. I’'ve made clean install of 2.2.0b2.

I thought i had new functionality because I don’'t

remember the user import/export being in

Users/Groups…

this is a part of the userImportExport plugin

ok ok i’'m here at last

Yes, the first thing i’‘ve noticed after upgrade it’'s

a wrong version number everywhere. I’'ve made clean

install of 2.2.0b2.

Urg, I might have messed up the uploads. I made one build, uploaded it and then realized I hadn’‘t changed the version string in the app. So, I fixed that and made another build and started new uploads. Maybe something went wrong with that process? I’'ll look into this…

-Matt

Yes, the first thing i’‘ve noticed after upgrade it’'s

a wrong version number everywhere. I’'ve made clean

install of 2.2.0b2.

Ditto!!!

See I wasn’'t halukinating…

Go wroot! Tag team!