Windows Install Problems Spark 2.5.7

I have about thirty workstations. I installed Spark 2.5.7 as group policy managed software. All workstations installed correctly - about one third will not run. There is no difference I can determine between a working installation and a non-working installation although I readily concede that there is an obvious difference - Spark runs or doesn’t!

For the workstations that don’t run I note that the *.jar.pack files seem to have not unpacked. I get entries in the errorlog as follow:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\Spark\lib\asterisk-im-client.jar (Access is denied)

at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)

at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)

at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.launcher.Startup.unpackArchives(Startup.java:141)

at org.jivesoftware.launcher.Startup.start(Startup.java:61) NB: or 64

at org.jivesoftware.launcher.Startup.main(Startup.java:33)

Can anybody shed light on where to start with this?

Well, on a lark, I decided to permit “authenticated users” total control of C:\Program Files\Spark and that fixed the problem, but it does not explain why some installations succeed and some do not. Mysterious…

Any thoughts?

Ick, I know it has been way too many months but I saw this was still unanswered and thought I would hit you with the good ol reply here. I would suggest you look at the filesystems of the PCs. I think you will find that the ones that do work are formatted with FAT32 and the ones that dont work were formatted with NTFS. Thus the reason changing the perms helped.