powered by Jive Software

Windows Launcher problems

So, in this thread:

http://www.jivesoftware.org/community/message.jspa?messageID=115100#115100

i have reported about problems with Wildfire Launcher in windows version.

I havent yet reinstalled wifi/recreated db. I’‘m launching it sometimes to test some issues. Today i was launchng it for the first time and got RED errors in Launcher window. Again, i didnt write it down nor make a screenshot. Are these errors logged somewhere? There was something about “multiple exceptions”. I then closed Launcher and started it again. Now it started fine. I’'ve found these in error.log:

2006.03.28 20:53:45 [org.jivesoftware.database.ConnectionPool.(ConnectionPool.java:108)

] Failed to create new connections on startup. Attempt 0 of 3

java.sql.SQLException: The database is already in use by another process: org.hsqldb.persist.NIOLockFile@c798e4a6[file =C:\Program Files\Wildfire\embedded-db\wildfire.lck, exists=true, locked=false, valid=false, fl =null]: java.lang.Exception: checkHeartbeat(): lock file is presumably locked by another process.

at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)

at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcConnection.(XMPPServer.java:135)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.starter.ServerStarter.start(ServerStarter.java:88)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.starter.ServerStarter.main(ServerStarter.java:49)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)

at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)

As i said it was first Wifi launch after Windows startup. Why is it locking?

And probably Launcher messages should be logged somewhere.

Hi Oleg,

maybe the last server shutdown was not a clean one? This would explain the error you see. As far as I know the STDERR messages are displayed in the launcher window. The information is really very limited so it should do no harm to write it to a log file. However with the current logging implementation I understand that this will be not an easy task.

LG

maybe the last server shutdown was not a clean one?

Cant say, i’'m just hiting Quit or X button. Most of the time it starts ok. Have tried to launch and stop it for three times now. No errors.

The embedded database creates a lock file so that multiple applications can’‘t write to the database file at the same time. Normally, the lock file is deleted when Wildfire is shutting down. It looks like that didn’'t happen in this case. Attempting to start again should fix the problem in most cases (like it did in your case). Worst case, you can manually delete the lock file in the embedded-db directory.

Regards,

Matt