Workgroup example code

hi,

I am developing a web chat with JSP. Particularly, chat’'s users have to communicate with a support group (JEP-0142).

To implement this, I think I use the “workgroup” of smackx extensions.

Can anyone tell me where I can find some simple example code?

Because I find nothing in the smackx documentation about workgroup.

Regards,

Pier

ps: sorry for my english

Pier,

The workgroup code in smackx was never fully working or functional. But we have a commercial product, Jive Live Assistant that you may want to check out – http://www.jivesoftware.com/products/liveassistant. It implements JEP 142 on the server side and via a web client.

The smackx code was originally for Jive Live Assistant. However, we had to abandon the effort because we needed to make several extensions to the library to make it easier to use to use with JLA that go beyond JEP 142.

Regards,

Matt

Hi Matt,

sorry but I can’'t understand…

I thought Jive Messenger supported Jep-0142 and I wanted to use workgroup smackx to build my web application, but I was wrong.

To use workgroup smackx I’'d implement a workgroup service on server side, have I understood well?

Are there non-commercial jabber server that implement jep-0142?

Thanks,

Pier

sorry but I can’'t understand…

I thought Jive Messenger supported Jep-0142

Nope, only our commercial product Jive Live Assistant implements the JEP.

Are there non-commercial jabber server that

implement jep-0142?

Not that I know of. However, building out a solution on top of the commercial Jive Live Assistant product could be an option for you. Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions about this.

Regards,

Matt