Wrong Nickname from AD

Hello,

I’ll try to make this brief as to be clear hopefully.

When adding a user using the search feature the wrong “Nickname is autopolulated”. When Searching for John Smith for example who has a username of js01 and adding if defaults are kept the user is added as js01 to the contacts list instead of John Smith. You can see why this is unwanted default behaving in orgs with 100s of people.

This has been brought up before many times (I searched) it looks like and a simple solution was found. Unfortunately even though there are several tickets for the problem and a few people have come up with solutions the fixes have never made their way to the source.

From http://community.igniterealtime.org/message/165101%3Bjsessionid=C98721E07EE4BADB 868D1BE195014B61

Confirmed, patch was slightly wrong though.

The popup dialog is actually populated from a column pulled straight from the search table. The actual column name is ‘Name’ so the fix (diff) is actually as follows.

With this diff applied the Spark client picks up the Name column so as long as you have ‘ldap.nameField = displayName’ on the server that sorts out field mapping properly as the displayName

— UserSearchResults.java.orig 2009-08-24 12:24:25.000000000 +0100
+++ UserSearchResults.java 2009-08-24 12:36:09.000000000 +0100
@@ -139,11 +139,11 @@

TableColumn column = null;
             try {
  •                column = resultsTable.getColumn("Username");

•                column = resultsTable.getColumn("Name");
               }
               catch (Exception ex) {
                   try {

•                    column = resultsTable.getColumn("nick");

•                    column = resultsTable.getColumn("Username");
                   }
                   catch (Exception e1) {
                       // Nothing to do

I tested (with my very limited programming and compling knowledge) and the fix works.

Is there any chance of of the more advanced users coud do a win installer complie (the 30mb one) with the fix included? I was unable ot get a working install exe again due to me not being very familiar with the whole dev complie enviroment.

Thank you very much.

1 Like