Wrong Online List in client

All of my jabber users experience such a problem

looks like server doesnt sent notification to client that some contact goes offline.

In Admin Console i see normal Sessions List

Hi,

you could enable the audit log within Openfire or use the XMPP debugger of your client to verify that Openfire does not sent presence updates.

LG

Preserence updates sents, but only about users that goes Online, not OFFline… i’ve about one hundred online users and all of them have this bug

I’ve such error when i’m truying to kill client session from admin console:

Exception:

java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.BaseTransport.sessionDestroyed(BaseTransport.java:2101)
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.event.SessionEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(SessionEventDispatcher.java:66)
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.SessionManager.removeSession(SessionManager.java:1520)
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.SessionManager$ClientSessionListener.onConnectionClose(SessionManager.java:1596)
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.NIOConnection.notifyCloseListeners(NIOConnection.java:169)
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.NIOConnection.close(NIOConnection.java:152)
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.admin.session_002dsummary_jsp._jspService(session_002dsummary_jsp.java:125)
     at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:491)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1074)
     at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:118)
     at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1065)
     at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:65)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1065)
     at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:41)
     at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:69)
     at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:98)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:365)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:185)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:689)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:391)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:146)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:285)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:457)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:751)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:500)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:209)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:357)
     at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:329)
     at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:475)

I’vent seen any log message in xml console(in client) about logged out users

Ahoy.

I experience a similar problem with my server. Let me elaborate a bit more:

Approximately one week ago we started to experience problems with missing presence packets. At this time the Openfire server (version 3.3.2) was already running for about 60 days. While presence problems in the roster are not always obvious, we could see that one Multi User Chat upon joining the room seemed to be empty. A subsequent re-join solved the problem in most cases. I confirmed, using the XML-Console of Psi, that the server did not send any presence packets from the room to the joining user. It also happened that sometimes a presence packet of type ‘unavailable’ was not broadcasted when a user parted, resulting in a “ghost”.

Especially the last part results in quite persistent ghosts when a MUC on another server is involved, which also showed me that the presence packets don’t always get sent to other servers; so it seems that both c2s and s2s are affected.

During the last few days I and a friend did some double-checking with Gajim and Psi. Every now and then I reconnected with one of the clients and examined if there were any differences between the rosters. It in fact happens fairly often that a users appears to be online or offline although he is not, which we could confirm looking at “Sessions” in the administration interface.

We updated to Openfire 3.3.3 upon its release, but the problems with the roster persist. I can neither confirm nor deny that it is still the case with MUC, because the room is currently quite empty

Some additional information:

JVM Version and Vendor

1.5.0_10 Sun Microsystems Inc. – Java HotSpot™ Server VM

Appserver

jetty-6.1.x

OS / Hardware

Linux / i386

Database and Version

MySQL 4.1.10a

JDBC Driver

MySQL-AB JDBC Driver

JDBC Driver Version

mysql-connector-java-3.1.13 ( $Date: 2005-11-17 15:53:48 +0100 (Thu, 17 Nov 2005) $, $Revision$ )

My questions are:

• Has anybody observed this before?

• Why did it (seemingly) start all of a sudden?

• Might there be a problem with something other than Openfire?

I hope this explanation was clear; and thanks in advance for any advice.

i have

openfire 3.3.3

java 1.6.0 update2

mysql 4.1.11

can anybody help us?