XIFF 3.0.0 Beta 1 Roadmap

Hi All,

Long time since I’‘ve worked on this project … I know. Anyway, I’‘m back on it and just started updating the issues/roadmap in JIRA. I’'ll be using this to keep organized on progress towards an official Beta 1 release of the AS3 version of XIFF. You can find it all here: http://www.igniterealtime.org/issues/browse/XIFF

I have no idea how long this will take. Obviously this is not my full-time paying job, and Nick Velloff has obviously done a lot of work already, which is great. However, I’'m hoping to have it all officially released (with docs) by the end of January. The biggest chunk of work will likely be the documentation. But I also want to change all the code to use E4X (performance improvements) and get rid of the old XMLSocket usage in the process (in favor of the new binary socket), among other things.

If there are unaddressed bugs or issues that you think I should know about, please post them to the forums so that I can add them to the issue tracker as necessary.

Thanks! I look forward to finally making the AS3 version official as soon as possible

Cheers,

Sean

Also, FYI - I deleted the reduntant branches in SVN. There should now be only one AS3 Beta 1 branch. If you’‘re looking to get the latest in the AS3 code, that’‘s where you’'ll find it.

Hi

svoisen wrote:

get rid of the old XMLSocket usage in the process (in favor of the new binary socket)

does this actually mean we won’'t have to patch the jabber server anymore…?

Mattie,

Of course, Wildfire doesn’'t need patching for XML support. But, yeah, it will be great to not have special workarounds for Flash clients.

-Matt

wow, that will be great!! I can’'t wait till the ‘‘end of january’’ !

tia

mattie