Xiff $$$

I am an advanced ColdFusion developer with no Flash experience. To make a long story short - I cannot seem to even get the example XIFF code to work. I cannot put too much time into learning Flash right now.

I need a clean working IM example that would work with the IM server and talk to ColdFusion. I can handle all of the ColdFusion code so CF experience is not required. I just need the XIFF example working. If necessary, I may just contract out the Flash portion on a whole.

Thanks,

Rick

See my post in http://www.jivesoftware.org/community/thread.jspa?threadID=17202&tstart=0 about the security settings you may need to set. Are you able to get the RosterTest.as example working? Can you see anything in the Flash Output panel?

-c

I have adjusted all of the settings and pretty much set the least security for my local settings - I have chosen “always allow” for the main setting also.

I dont even think I am that far yet though. I believe that it is a dot notation issue right now. This is literally the first time I am using flash. I can make fairly decent sense of the code, but I am not sure how environmental settings affect this example…

Do you have to define a class path from some administrator? Is there a way to just dump all of the files in a single directory and just reference them without defining a path in an administrator?

What do you suggest as the simplest way?

Here are the actual errors I get when trying to run the example FLA file:

Error Scene=Escena 1, layer=Capa 1, frame=1:Line 51: The class or interface ‘‘xiff.actionscript.org.jivesoftware.xiff.core.XMPPConnection’’ could not be loaded.

var connection = new XMPPConnection();

Error Scene=Escena 1, layer=Capa 1, frame=1:Line 57: The class or interface ‘‘xiff.actionscript.org.jivesoftware.xiff.conference.Room’’ could not be loaded.

var chatRoom = new Room( connection );

Error Scene=Escena 1, layer=Capa 1, frame=1:Line 79: The class or interface ‘‘examples.actionscript.RosterTest’’ could not be loaded.

var myRoster:RosterTest = new RosterTest(connection);

Total ActionScript Errors: 3 Reported Errors: 3

maybe this will help a little:

http://www.jivesoftware.org/community/thread.jspa?threadID=14286&tstart=100

Agreed…the above compile errors look like the files weren’'t installed. Easiest thing to do is follow the paths described in the above other thread (or check the readme file for references too) and just copy the whole tree starting at “org” level into the …/classes area.

On the mac, I have them installed at /Users/chaupt/Library/Application Support/Macromedia/Flash 8/ en/Configuration/Classes/

-c

Thanks to all. It was the class settings that was not mapped to the directory that I had downloaded the example files into. This was done through the Flash 8 options.

You have to click on the Actionscript settings and then map the path to the folder that contains the 1st dot notation of the import command at the top of the example file.