XMLPullParserException while using Smack and jive Messenger

Hi,

i’‘m using two smack clients and the jive messenger for my project. the clients make use of properties inside the xmpp messages. I used jabberd2 before and it worked fine, sending those messages. Now that i’‘m using jive messenger it doesn’'t work anymore. jive messenger runs on tru64 unix. one of my clients sends the following message to a groupchat on the server:

compiletruesendertom@blah.bmdwireless.com/tom

after the other client receives this message, i get the following error:

connection closed on error, error is:

org.xmlpull.v1.XmlPullParserException: parser must be on START_TAG to read next text (position: TEXT seen …ware.com/xm

lns/xmpp/properties">\n \n <n… @13:15)

at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.nextText(MXParser.java:1099)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader.parseProperties(PacketReader.java:855)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader.parseMessage(PacketReader.java:696)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader.parsePackets(PacketReader.java:274)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader.access$000(PacketReader.java:77)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader$1.run(PacketReader.java:103)

I searched the forum for similar issues and found some old ones, but i think those are solved for a while now. Anyone any ideas how to solve this issue?

Cheers,

tom

ps. the smilies inside this post are not intended, its just a miss interpreted backslash, so inside those tags is a backslash n (endline on some systems)

Thomas,

What version are you using? Please, try using the latest daily build and let me know if the problem persists.

Thanks,

– Gato

thanx for the quick reply gato. I use jive messenger 1.0.8 and for smack 1.3.0

So i could easily use a newer smack version, but what puzzles me is that it worked fine with jabberd, so i think the issue lies somewhere within the server, not the smack clients. Anyway i’'ll give it a try with a newer smack version!

tom

ps. i saw that some special characters got replaced by some other characters in my last message, the actual xml message i got is well formed of course…

Hi, its me again,

i think it works fine with the latest version of smack!

Thanx for your help gato. And cheers to all at jivesoftware for the great products and this helpful forum.

tom