XMPP problems

Hi!

I’m writing a client to talk to an Openfire XMPP server, and I’m running into several issues.

1. When I request a user’s roster from the Openfire server, I’m seeing an IQ result query item that has an attribute of ask with a value of ‘subscribe’ and ‘unsubscribe’. According to RFC 3921, the only valid value for that field is the string ‘subscribed’. Is there some other RFC or XEP that makes this a valid value, or is this something Openfire did for extra functionality not covered by the standard? If it is an Openfire thing, is there any documentation about it?

2. When I request a user’s privacy lists, the server returns no lists. Despite this, I can request specific lists that I have previously set and I can set those lists as active and default. I’ve seen other people have had this problem, but there were no solutions listed. Can anyone tell me what is going on?

3. I’ve checked the list of XMPP extensions that Openfire supports, and it seems out-of-date. As near as I can tell, Openfire supports at least XEP-0199 (Jabber ping), which isn’t on this list: http://www.igniterealtime.org/builds/openfire/docs/latest/documentation/protocol -support.html. Is there a more up-to-date list for the XMPP extensions that Openfire supports?

Thanks in advance!