XMPP routing

Is there a way to configure jive messenger so that it handles messages for all domains? I’'m planning on deploying a server where people may log in with their email address, but the server keeps trying to forward the messages to those domains instead of delivering the messages to the users logged into the server.

Hey Jeff,

Unfortunately it is currently not possible to do that. Users should authenticate (i.e. login) using the account defined in the server. Besides, the accounts defined in the server should have the same domain of the server.

Once we support SASL and Resource Binding you may be able to authenticate using your email address. However, the server will still require accounts to match their domains with the hostname of the server. That means that the server will somehow match user1@email.server to user1@im.server where im.server is the hostname of your JM server. I would say that SASL and resource binding will be available in 2 or 3 weeks.

If the email accounts belong to the same email server (i.e. same domain) then you may use the POP3 authentication method and configure the hostname of JM to match the email domain.

Regards,

– Gato

Is it possible to customize any of the routing classes to support this?

Hey Jeff,

I haven’‘t analyzed this issue in more depth but I would initially say that modifying routing classes won’'t be enough.

Regards,

– Gato

OK, why won’'t that be enough?