Yahoo & AIM problem, can''t use spaces or periods

I seem to be having a problem registering thru either the web interface or Spark. My AIM contact contains a space and my Yahoo one has a period (.). Can you please advise me if I’'m doing something wrong or is this a bug in the gateway?

Also, error in the console is:

org.jivesoftware.wildfire.plugin.gateway.gateway_002dregistrations_jsp._jspServi ce(gateway_002dregistrations_jsp.java:166) Username specified for registration is not valid.

Message was edited by: stephen2417

stephen2417 wrote:

I seem to be having a problem registering thru either the web interface or Spark. My AIM contact contains a space and my Yahoo one has a period (.). Can you please advise me if I’'m doing something wrong or is this a bug in the gateway?

Also, error in the console is:

org.jivesoftware.wildfire.plugin.gateway.gateway_002dregistrations_jsp._jspServi ce(gateway_002dregistrations_jsp.java:166) Username specified for registration is not valid.

Message was edited by: stephen2417

GATE-157

As for the AIM username, it doesn’‘t -really- have a space, that’'s just a formatting thing. If you remove all of the spaces,it should work just the same. (AIM allows you to “format” your screen name by adding spaces in it) That said:

GATE-158

Thanks a lot! I’'ll be looking forward to the next beta version then.

Happy new year!