Yahoo : Cannot receive IMs : "Can''t connect to window server"

Hmm. Not sure why my entire thread was empty on posting. Will have to repost … apologies.

Message was edited by: richarm

I am running Wildfire 3.2.4 with AIM, MSN and Yaho gateways on two Macs (one dev, one main server), both running 10.4.9. The client is Psi. After first installation, all appeared to work. After a few glitches with Psi groups across gateways and several restarts and reinstalls later, I am not able to receive messages from Yahoo contacts. I can send them messages but am unable to receive their replies. The client suggests the contact is replying, but that is as far as is gets. No errors occur in the Wildfire logs, but there are errors in logs/launchd.stderr.

1. On receiving the first attempted reply from a Yahoo contact, the following exception occurs:

Exception in thread “Event Fired” java.lang.InternalError: Can’'t connect to window server - not enough permissions.

at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1751)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1668)

at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:822)

at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:992)

at sun.security.action.LoadLibraryAction.run(LoadLibraryAction.java:50)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.awt.Toolkit.loadLibraries(Toolkit.java:1509)

at java.awt.Toolkit.(Unknown Source)

at ymsg.support.MessageDecoder.decode(Unknown Source)

at ymsg.support.MessageDecoder.decodeToText(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.gateway.protocols.yahoo.YahooSessionListener.messageR eceived(YahooSessionListener.java:66)

1. Subsequent reply attempts by Yahoo users produce the following exception:

Exception in thread “Event Fired” java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

at ymsg.support.MessageDecoder.decode(Unknown Source)

at ymsg.support.MessageDecoder.decodeToText(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.gateway.protocols.yahoo.YahooSessionListener.messageR eceived(YahooSessionListener.java:66)

at ymsg.network.Session$FireEvent.run(Unknown Source)

AIM and MSN gateways continue to work okay. There is a suggestion to run awt in “headless mode”, in reference to this error message. However, it’'s unclear whether that is really related to this issue.

This is happening on both Macs. It once worked, and now it doesn’'t! Any pointers to a solution gratefully received.

Many thanks.

Interesting. Not really sure what to tell you, the Yahoo transport -shouldn’‘t- be caring about having any sort of windowing display. That said, the Yahoo library is kinda crappy but there’‘s some folk who are working on making it better and hopefully soon we’'ll have a stable Yahoo transport. crossing fingers