Yahoo Gateway Release Candidate 1

How do i setup this Yahoo Gateway, some instructions would help…

Thanks

Samad

Im using now this RC, but im having problems with the domains stuff.

Im setting additional Subdomains in the “Allowed to Connect” section with the following information:

Subdomain Shared secret

localhost localhostsecret

yahoo yahoosecret

and the information in “transports.properties” is:

org.jivesoftware.messenger.transport.yahoo.YahooGateway:yahoosecret

org.jivesoftware.messenger.transport.loopback.LoopbackGateway:localhostsecret

Then the msg given by the compiler is:

24/10/2005 22:28:07 org.jivesoftware.messenger.gateway.ExternalGateway main

GRAVE: Unable to add component. Please ensure that the domain(yahoo.lartosvmxp) is correct and matches the secret phrase (yahoosecret) on the server. Error from server: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

24/10/2005 22:28:08 org.jivesoftware.messenger.gateway.ExternalGateway main

GRAVE: Unable to add component. Please ensure that the domain (loopback.lartosvmxp) is correct and matches the secret phrase (localhostsecret) on the server.

Error from server: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

24/10/2005 22:28:08 org.jivesoftware.messenger.gateway.ExternalGateway main

INFO: Started external gateway 1.0.

Thanks if any of you could guide me on this…

Patricio

Try using the explicit domain name and not the subdomain. yahoo.yourdomain.tld, etc.

Noah

When I try to download the JAR file the result is a 0 length file. I have tried in Epiphany(Mozilla), Safari, and Lynx with the same results. Where else can I get this or any other transport for the Yahoo network? I tried the older link I found in these forums, and only the text files would download. The only other Yahoo gateway I’'ve seen requires JabberD 1.4.

I have the same problem: can not download the jar file, hix

This is a problem with Forum, I’'ll see if I can get Matt to help me sort it out.

We have still not been able to download gateway.jar Can anybody help please?

Hello Noah,

Any luck with the gateway.jar as we are still not able to download the same.

Rgds,

Seetesh

Can someone PLEASE fix the gateway.jar file on this thread or host is externally? I’'ll gladly host the file on my domain for everyone if I could just get a copy.

I believe I have a copy of the gateway.jar that is in beta status as I’'m getting roster issues in the logs.

Thank you!

Please elaborate on the problems you’'re seeing. If you can get the XMPP trace messages, it would help grealty in fixing the issue.

Thank you,

Noah

Sorry, Noah, I should have been more clear.

I’'m unable to download the gateway.jar file on the first post of this thread. Regardless of client, it always comes down as a 0 byte file.

The zero filesize problem. This is something that I have asked Jive to look into. Essentially it deletes the attachment after a month. Someone posted the jar file on their private site, but I don’'t remember the url. Search for gateway.jar

Also, you said you were having trouble with the jar your using now…can you elborate and even provide the XMPP trace?

Thank you,

Noah

Noah, in the mean time, can you email me the file? ecarls@gmail.com. I appreciate it.

I’'m using the gateway.jar file from the Yahoo Transport Beta thread. Here is my config.properties.template:

1. XMPP Server

xmppserver=impala.bluehammock.com

1. Typically 10015

xmppport=5347

Here is my transports.properties file:

1. Configuration for External Gateway

1. classname:secret

org.jivesoftware.messenger.transport.yahoo.YahooGateway:secret

org.jivesoftware.messenger.transport.loopback.LoopbackGateway:secret

5347 and “secret” are the correct values. The server is running on the localhost (Gentoo linux, jive-messenger 2.2.0)

Both the loopback and Yahoo gateways show up correctly in the Component Sessions on the server. They both show as Active.

When I add the transport to my client (Pandion), my Yahoo userlist is never loaded. Here’'s what the console says:

Jan 12, 2006 6:35:28 PM org.jivesoftware.messenger.gateway.BaseGateway register

INFO: Registering user: ecarls2112.

ymsg.network.YMSG9BadFormatException: Bad parse of online friends in logon packet

at ymsg.network.Session.receiveLogon(Session.java:1809)

at ymsg.network.Session$InputThread.process(Session.java:2313)

at ymsg.network.Session$InputThread.run(Session.java:2259)

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

at java.util.Hashtable.get(Hashtable.java:336)

at ymsg.network.UserStore.get(UserStore.java:24)

at ymsg.network.Session.updateFriendsStatus(Session.java:2117)

at ymsg.network.Session.receiveLogon(Session.java:1808)

… 2 more

Jan 12, 2006 6:35:29 PM org.jivesoftware.messenger.gateway.NoopSessionListener inputExceptionThrown

SEVERE: Exception: message=“Source: InputThread” type=ymsg.network.YMSG9BadFormatException: Bad parse of online friends in logon packet

Jan 12, 2006 6:35:29 PM org.jivesoftware.messenger.transport.yahoo.YahooGatewaySession$1 run

INFO: eric@impala.bluehammock.com ecarls2112: logged in.

Jan 12, 2006 6:35:29 PM org.jivesoftware.messenger.gateway.roster.Registrar getGatewaySession

INFO: Creating session for: eric@impala.bluehammock.com

ymsg.network.YMSG9BadFormatException: Bad parse of online friends in logon packet

at ymsg.network.Session.receiveLogon(Session.java:1809)

at ymsg.network.Session$InputThread.process(Session.java:2313)

at ymsg.network.Session$InputThread.run(Session.java:2259)

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

at java.util.Hashtable.get(Hashtable.java:336)

at ymsg.network.UserStore.get(UserStore.java:24)

at ymsg.network.Session.updateFriendsStatus(Session.java:2117)

at ymsg.network.Session.receiveLogon(Session.java:1808)

… 2 more

Jan 12, 2006 6:35:29 PM org.jivesoftware.messenger.gateway.NoopSessionListener inputExceptionThrown

SEVERE: Exception: message=“Source: InputThread” type=ymsg.network.YMSG9BadFormatException: Bad parse of online friends in logon packet

Jan 12, 2006 6:35:29 PM org.jivesoftware.messenger.transport.yahoo.YahooGatewaySession$1 run

INFO: eric@impala.bluehammock.com/Pandion ecarls2112: logged in.

Jan 12, 2006 6:35:29 PM org.jivesoftware.messenger.gateway.roster.Registrar getGatewaySession

INFO: Creating session for: eric@impala.bluehammock.com/Pandion

Couple questions:

1. Does this have to do with the gateway.jar version?

2. It looks like the logon has an issue of some sort?

3. Do I need that loopback line in the transports.properties file?

Thank you!

This is definitely the beta gateway.jar file as I’'m receiving this in the error log every 3 seconds:

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

2006.01.12 18:35:16 org.jivesoftware.messenger.handler.PresenceSubscribeHandler.process(PresenceSubs cribeHandler.java:169) Internal server error

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.spi.RoutingTableImpl.getRoute(RoutingTableImpl.java: 84)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.handler.PresenceSubscribeHandler.process(PresenceSub scribeHandler.java:137)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.PresenceRouter.handle(PresenceRouter.java:103)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.PresenceRouter.route(PresenceRouter.java:60)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.PacketRouter.route(PacketRouter.java:73)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReader.processPresence(SocketReader.java:3 01)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReader.readStream(SocketReader.java:208)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:111)

Looks like I just need the latest .jar file.

It could be that Yahoo! has changed their network protocal. This does happen from time to time.

You do not need loopback…it’'s only there for testing…just like the loopback interface for the network

I think I’'ve done it a functioning yahoo gateway.

I have modified the yahoo gateway to send the roster automatically to the client but all yahoo contacts will have a group YAHOO!. And i have modified the jymsg api to be compliant as it can be to the latest yahoo protocols (but not 100% compliant just almost there). I’'ve implemented the following Basic IM, updating Presence to and from, adding and removing yahoo contacts.

The only problem is that there are many error is being logged but does not affect the yahoo gateway can you please try this fix and tell me your feed back. You can get my yahoo gateway with this link http://www.d3s.ph/gateway.jar. Thank you very much in testing this fix my email is rsaavedra@msg2.d3s.ph for any comments and suggestions or you reply to this thread.

blats,

This file looks pretty good. Here’'s the results of some of my functionality testing:

1. I’'m able to connect to Yahoo, receive my roster. You were correct that the contacts all appeared under a YAHOO group.

2. I was able to move those contacts to a new group, but on re-logging in, they were back in the Yahoo group. It looks like they’'re stuck in the Yahoo group?

3. Messages were successfully transfered via the transport in both directions.

4. I did not receive avatars for any contacts.

5. I did not receive any “Contact is typing a message…” notification like I do with the MSN transport.

6. I’'m unable to rename any contacts. If I rename a contact, the status turns to Offline for that contact. Upon logging in again, I get the old contact name (their login ID).

So, it works, but it’‘s not really ready as a suitable replacement for the Yahoo client. Is the Yahoo transport that much different than, say, the MSN transport? I’'ve found the MSN transport to be pretty seamless.

Thanks for the hard work! I’'m available for more testing at ecarls@gmail.com, and will continue to check the thread.

Thanks for testing it usurper. I’‘ve modified the transport to meet our client’‘s requirements[/b] and was not able to make it in par with a fully functioning transport if the time arises i might finish it in the near future. Regarding about the avatars i might send an avatar from the transport (like the yahoo logo) not from the yahoo user with their avatars because the yahoo api i’‘m using is still using ymsg 9 or 10 protocol i think which at that time it’‘s not implemented on their api. I’‘ve made a fix to get the roster from yahoo which is different in the latest yahoo protocol if someone will tell me on how to read the latest ymsg protocols i might make the modifications or someone from the jymsg project sourceforge will make it first. Regarding the roster in the yahoo group i’‘ve made it in that way because I’‘m not letting yahoo contacts to be saved in jive messenger database but i can make the nesessary changes if i have the time to get back to it. I’'ve never tried the MSN tranport i will check it so i can make the necessary changes.

hi,

how do i install this plugin copying to plugin directory is not auto-installing it?

It’‘s not a plugin, per se. It’'s a standalone app that acts a bridge.