Yahoo IMs: can send but not receive

Hi. We’'re using Yahoo! and AIM Transports in Openfire. Using the latest 1.1.0 Beta 2 of the IM Gateway, AIM works fine. Yahoo! users, however, can only send IMs. They can log in fine, see their buddies, and send IMs that the buddy then receives. They can never, however, receive anything their buddies send.

Has anyone seen this issue? Is it maybe a firewall issue? Is there an incoming port that needs to be opened for Yahoo! to send messages back to the Jabber server? Like I said, AIM works fine.

I don’‘t think it’'s a firewall issue. I can see the messages and the “typing” notifications coming across from Yahoo in the debug log. It just never gets trafficked to the user when a Yahoo! person sends a message to someone using the transport. I can also see the outgoing messages just fine.

Edit - This is what I see coming across in the debug log from Yahoo:

Where yyyyy is the person on Jabber and xxxxx is the person on Yahoo!

Message was edited by: debuskjt

After further investigation I also have this Java exception related to jYMSG:

Exception in thread “jYMSG Event Dispatcher thread” java.lang.InternalError: Can’'t connect to window server - not enough permissions.

at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1751)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1668)

at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:822)

at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:992)

at sun.security.action.LoadLibraryAction.run(LoadLibraryAction.java:50)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.awt.Toolkit.loadLibraries(Toolkit.java:1509)

at java.awt.Toolkit.(Unknown Source)

at org.openymsg.support.MessageDecoder.decode(Unknown Source)

at org.openymsg.support.MessageDecoder.decodeToText(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.protocols.yahoo.YahooSessionListener.messageR eceived(YahooSessionListener.java:59)

at org.openymsg.network.event.SessionAdapter.dispatch(Unknown Source)

at org.openymsg.network.EventDispatcher.run(Unknown Source)

I’'m beginning to think it may be an issue with Java in OS X.

Yep. It’'s a problem with Java in OS X. And the solution is to run as root.

What the crap? Why does it need to connect to the window server?

Arg.

I’'ll report to the openymsg folk, thanks!

Yeah. I tried running the Java VM headless with -Djava.awt.headless=true in openfire-launchd-wrapper.sh, but no dice.

The OpenYMSG folk ditched all of the AWT stuff for me. When I’‘m back and to a stable state of mind, I’'ll apply the changes.

Jade, I noticed you already updated the the OpenYMGS lib used in the plugin with my changes for YMSG-9, but I just found out another AWT reference that existed in the OpenYMSG code. I removed it as well, and did a text search for ‘‘java.awt’’. I didn’'t get any hits. I tracked the changes in YMSG-10. You might want to update the lib again.

Message was edited by: Guus

What, no automated Jira links? I guess I need to add them manually.

Thanks!

Matt can set up the automatic JIRA links! Just drop him a note.

Awesome news. Can’'t wait for this to hit the beta.