Yahoo Transport error and 100% cpu usage

I recently upgraded to WF 3.1 and install beta 4 of the gateway plugin. I am using ubuntu server 6.06.1 and jre 1.5.0_06. I am able to successfully register with the yahoo transport but after 5-10 min of connectivity, java begins using 100% of the cpu. Here is the error in log. It continuosly repeats:

2006.10.25 09:51:23 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.gateway.protocols.yahoo.YahooSessionListener.inputExce ptionThrown(YahooSessionListener.java:191) Input error from yahoo: Source: InputThread

java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:113)

at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:218)

at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(BufferedInputStream.java:256)

at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:313)

at ymsg.network.YMSG9InputStream.readBuffer(Unknown Source)

at ymsg.network.YMSG9InputStream.readPacket(Unknown Source)

at ymsg.network.DirectConnectionHandler.receivePacket(Unknown Source)

at ymsg.network.Session$InputThread.run(Unknown Source)

“Me too” and its flooding out my client (kopete) with thousands of those messages.

Oh, and I even deleted my registration without success.

Update: Restarted Wildfire with no yahoo registration and its better now. Yahoo is disabled completely now.

Wildfire 3.1.0 and the plugin is 1.0b4

Message was edited by: Dis

I ran into the same problem. WF3.1, beta4 plugin, however, a centos box. Not only did the java process spike to 100% & stay there, but the spark client did the same on my windows box. I did manage to get something from the yahoo transport on the client side as well…

“Yahoo! Transport: Input error from yahoo: Source: InputThread” repeated over & over & over & over…

I think I’'ll be turning the yahoo transport off now. wait for beta 5 or some such.

I also resorted to turning off the yahoo transport. lets hope beta 5 fixes the problem.

GATE-104

Thanks for submitting the ticket. I didn’'t get around to it. figured someone else did already.

This was the proper way to report the bug anyway. =) I create the tickets based off what’'s said in the forums.

I actually just hit the 100% utilization with the MSN plugin as well. After killing MSN, it all went away. Uptime hit like 350 tho first.

I said this in the other forum, but for other’‘s sakes, the 100% cpu thing has been fixed and will be in beta 5 (which should be out “soon” i’'m hoping today or tomorrow)

I just upgraded the plugin to 6b and i still get the 100% cpu usage problem with the following error:

2007.01.04 16:55:26 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.gateway.protocols.yahoo.YahooSessionListener.inputExce ptionThrown(YahooSessionListener.java:191) Input error from yahoo: Source: InputThread

java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:113)

at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:218)

at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(BufferedInputStream.java:256)

at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:313)

at ymsg.network.YMSG9InputStream.readBuffer(Unknown Source)

at ymsg.network.YMSG9InputStream.readPacket(Unknown Source)

at ymsg.network.DirectConnectionHandler.receivePacket(Unknown Source)

at ymsg.network.Session$InputThread.run(Unknown Source)

Is anyone else still having this problem?

We had a similiar problem with beta 6b but the culprit was msn. I have disabled the msn transport and wildfire no longer consumes 100% cpu. Yahoo, Aim, and ICQ are working fine with the gateway plugin. I have gone back to using the PyMSN-T external transport for msn support

I wish i had that option with the yahoo transport. Unfortunately there appeared to be no development on the yahoo python transport for a long time and it had serious issues when i evaluated it last year. I really like the integration that the transports plugin allows with wildfire but it is definitely deserving of the beta status. I am looking for a solution or workaround to this problem. Yahoo is very important for us to roll out wildfire. There have been several releases of the plugin since i reported this problem and its still present. I am willing to help in any way to get this resolved or narrow down what is the problem with my configuration. If anyone is having this same problem, please comment so that the transport plugin gods can fix it

Agreed the PyYahoo transport is not the most stable. We ran it for quite some time prior to using the gateway plugin with wildfire. The transport worked fine, but it would die every once in a while. I ended up writing a cronjob that would run every 5 minutes on our server, check if the transport was running. if it was dead, it would restart the service. This fix was sufficient until we transitioned to the gateway plugin.

There’‘s actually been a lot of good development on the PyYIMt as it’'s now called. It was even welcomed into the Py “family” so to speak.

http://xmpppy.sourceforge.net/yahoo/

That said, yes, there hasn’‘t been an actual release in a while… just a lot of dev work in his source repository. Not really sure why he hasn’‘t put out a release of the work he’'s done. I was using his transport for a while until I started working on this plugin.

Oh, as for that error, I still don’‘t know. There’‘s been an open ticket for it for a bit now. GATE-104 I can’‘t reproduce it and I can’‘t see anything “wrong” on folk’‘s rosters that would cause this. I’‘m completely at a loss. I loath to ask this, but if anyone has an account that’‘s having this problem and they wouldn’‘t mind letting me log into it and try some things for a bit, that might be the easiest way to help me figure out what’'s going on. =/ I hate having to ask that and wish I could reproduce the problem on my accounts.

I have created a brand new yahoo account to test and i still get the error. If you still think it necessary, i can give you the username and password to test it with. Also, i could give you the steps i used to setup wildfire and the setup i used on Ubuntu. If you want, i can even create a virtual machine with a setup similar to mine and send it to you. I know troubleshooting someone else’'s software bugs is a pain especially when its only happening to one crazy person

snowman386 wrote:

I have created a brand new yahoo account to test and i still get the error. If you still think it necessary, i can give you the username and password to test it with. Also, i could give you the steps i used to setup wildfire and the setup i

Wait so you are telling me you created a brand spanking new account with no contacts in it and it did the same thing? baffle What mechanism did you use for creating the new account? (ie, what client, or web interface, or ? did you use?)

used on Ubuntu. If you want, i can even create a virtual machine with a setup similar to mine and send it to you. I

ponder I don’'t suppose you would mind trying it against the latest version of the jdk would you? (not 6.0, but the latest 5.0/1.5.0 series)

know troubleshooting someone else’'s software bugs is a pain especially when its only happening to one crazy person

Oh no, it’'s happening to multiple crazy people. ;D ;D ;D :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Kidding. =)

Daniel

Yes, I created a brand new account. I just went to yahoo mail and registered a new account. I can try to install the latest release of Java 1.5. I have never installed java on ubuntu without using the apt repository so give me a bit to figure it out. I have been trying to figure out what sequence of events causes this to occur but it just seems totally random. Sometimes it takes longer than others, but the error seems to occur a few minutes after registering with the transport no matter what i do.

That’'s bizarre. =( Well let me know what you find out with the java upgrade! Thanks!!

Bad news. I updated to 1.5.0.10b3 and still the same madness.