powered by Jive Software

Yet another S2S newbie!

Hello everyone,

I’ve been reading through the forums since yesterday and have made good progress thanks to all the previous discussions. I have been following this excellent document (http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/docs/DOC-1030) and this post (http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/thread/26033).

So what I have is a dyndns registered server (rory.is-a-chef.net) and an account on jabber.org (rory@jabber.org). The dyndns points to my DSL router which in turn points to the Dlink wireless router which points to the machine running Openfire (192.168.2.21). The hostname of this machine is rory.is-a-chef.net and so is the xmpp.hostname (rory.is-a-chef.net) and the server name (rory.is-a-chef.net). There’s is a yellow exclamation mark next to the server name (Server -> Server Manager -> Server Information) but I guess that is because of the self-signed certificate.

So I have added port forwarding rule to the Dlink router to forward traffic on 5269, 7777, and 5222 ports to the Openfire server (192.168.2.21). Now I can telnet into this machine via these ports from any computer on the planet

But alas, I am unable to add me jabber self to the Openfire roster. Following your advice from the previous threads below is the relevant portion of the debug.log. From what I can tell the Openfire server is able to get to the Jabber server but the Jabber server is unable to communicate with the Openfire server. I’m sure its my local config that’s to blame. Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks.

2008.03.12 17:15:19 LocalOutgoingServerSession: OS - Trying to connect to jabber.org:5269(DNS lookup: jabber.org:5269)

2008.03.12 17:15:20 LocalOutgoingServerSession: OS - Plain connection to jabber.org:5269 successful

2008.03.12 17:15:20 LocalOutgoingServerSession: OS - Indicating we want TLS to jabber.org

2008.03.12 17:15:21 LocalOutgoingServerSession: OS - Negotiating TLS with jabber.org

2008.03.12 17:15:22 CertificateManager: SubjectAltName of invalid type found: EMAILADDRESS=hostmaster@jabber.org, CN=jabber.org, CN=*.jabber.org, OU=Domain validated only, O=XMPP Standards Foundation, L=Denver, ST=Colorado, C=US

2008.03.12 17:15:22 CertificateManager: SubjectAltName of invalid type found: EMAILADDRESS=hostmaster@jabber.org, CN=jabber.org, CN=*.jabber.org, OU=Domain validated only, O=XMPP Standards Foundation, L=Denver, ST=Colorado, C=US

2008.03.12 17:15:23 LocalOutgoingServerSession: OS - TLS negotiation with jabber.org was successful

2008.03.12 17:15:24 LocalOutgoingServerSession: OS - Error, no SASL mechanisms were offered by jabber.org

2008.03.12 17:15:24 LocalOutgoingServerSession: OS - Going to try connecting using server dialback with: jabber.org

2008.03.12 17:15:24 ServerDialback: OS - Trying to connect to jabber.org:5269(DNS lookup: jabber.org:5269)

2008.03.12 17:15:24 ServerDialback: OS - Connection to jabber.org:5269 successful

2008.03.12 17:15:28 ServerDialback: OS - Sent dialback key to host: jabber.org id: 341345639 from domain: rory.is-a-chef.net

2008.03.12 17:15:34 002101 (01/05/00) - Connection #4 tested: OK

2008.03.12 17:15:34 002102 (01/05/00) - Connection #4 tested: OK

2008.03.12 17:15:48 ServerDialback: OS - Time out waiting for answer in validation from: jabber.org id: 341345639 for domain: rory.is-a-chef.net

2008.03.12 17:15:48 OutgoingSessionPromise: Error sending packet to remote server:

<iq type=“get” to="rory@jabber.org" id=“aab4a” from="rrory@rory.is-a-chef.net/Kopete">

<query xmlns=“jabber:iq:last”/>

</iq>

java.lang.Exception: Failed to create connection to remote server

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.sendPa cket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:218)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.run(Ou tgoingSessionPromise.java:185)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java: 650)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

2008.03.12 17:15:48 OutgoingServerSocketReader: Finishing Outgoing Server Reader. No session to close.

java.net.SocketException: Socket closed

at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)

at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:129)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.ServerTrafficCounter$InputStreamWrapper.read(Serv erTrafficCounter.java:209)

at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$CharsetSD.readBytes(StreamDecoder.java:411)

at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$CharsetSD.implRead(StreamDecoder.java:453)

at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read(StreamDecoder.java:183)

at java.io.InputStreamReader.read(InputStreamReader.java:167)

at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.fillBuf(MXParser.java:2992)

at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.more(MXParser.java:3046)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.MXParser.nextImpl(MXParser.java:75)

at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.nextToken(MXParser.java:1100)

at org.dom4j.io.XMPPPacketReader.parseDocument(XMPPPacketReader.java:317)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingServerSocketReader$1.run(OutgoingServe rSocketReader.java:92)

Never mind. It sorted itself out. I changed and touched nothing, probably the Jabber server was busy!