1.1.0 Beta 3

Hi folk! Attached is 1.1.0 Beta 3! I believe I’‘ve caught all of the big memory leaks that were going on (thanks to a tool my pals at Jive pointed me at) and there’‘s a bunch of other assorted bugfixes as well. I -believe- I’‘ve caught the issues that were causing “you are already logged into MSN” when you really weren’‘t, and also the duplicate messages issues. I have not yet resolved the issue that was reported where a lot of Yahoo contacts aren’‘t showing up online even though they really are. That is planned to be one of the last things before 1.1.0 is released officially unless y’‘all end up finding a ton of issues I didn’'t know about. =D

Also, there’'s a new XMLRPC interface for folk who might want to provide their users a custom web interface (or whatever) to register with the various transports. Information about it is available here:

http://wiki.igniterealtime.org/display/WILDFIRE/IMGatewayPlugin

There’‘s a batch of other things I’'ve updated/added/whatever. But mainly, if you are interested in testing, please do and let me know what you find! Thanks!

Also note that I am hoping to be able to move Yahoo support into the “stable” section by the time 1.1.0 is out. ;D We’'ll see.

Excuse me… But what about bug with ICQ-authorization? You dont fix it, but I cant find “Gate-XXX” about it…

Great the memory usage seems to have stabilized

Works pretty amazing for me!

Although I haven’'t tested it out extensively.

Great Job! Thanks!

What ICQ authorization bug are you referring to? I added in the authorization steps a while back. Do you have a pointer to a GATE issue regarding it or a thread where you discussed it? (note that ICQ is still listed as an experimental gateway due to the numerous issues with it so it may not be fixed for 1.1.0 if there is still a problem with it)

Beta 3 seems to have corrected the Yahoo issue, thanks for the great work!

That’'s great news! Thanks!

ICQ contacts still “awaiting authorization” but ICQ-users realy get auth-request (twice!)… But when it accepted, gateway don`t change status of ICQ-contact…

Tested whith JAJC, Psi, Pandion etc…

x- GATE-234

Message was edited by: nongrate

Thanks for news!

The BUGS…

1. ICQ users very often disconnected.

2. Also are not solved a problem with the coding IM-Gateway plugins on administrative page.

Many thanks for the solved of a problem with transfer of the text to the Russian coding.

nongrate wrote:

ICQ contacts still “awaiting authorization” but ICQ-users realy get auth-request (twice!)… But when it accepted, gateway don`t change status of ICQ-contact…

Tested whith JAJC, Psi, Pandion etc…

x- GATE-234

Message was edited by: nongrate

Hrm. that’‘s not exactly the same as GATE-234, so I created GATE-273. It’‘s not likely to get fixed for 1.1.0 though. ICQ is a pain in a number of ways. I’'m actually thinking about switching to a different library for ICQ. Hell I might switch to a different library -just- for ICQ and leave AIM where it is. At least for now.

stend wrote:

Thanks for news!

The BUGS…

1. ICQ users very often disconnected.

Hrm. I use ICQ regularly and never see this. Where are you seeing the disconnection? Do you have any logs relating to it?

1. Also are not solved a problem with the coding IM-Gateway plugins on administrative page.

Many thanks for the solved of a problem with transfer of the text to the Russian coding.

I may have misread your other thread. Are you saying that the messages getting to the XMPP user are properly encoded but the administration page is not? (note that the encoding is the same in the translation file itself)

Oops, spoke too soon. Yahoo is showing multiple groups now, and last night was showing all my users, but very few were logged on. Now that more are logged into Yahoo, I’'m still showing my list short today.

Sorry about that.

Well for tracking purposes, look at GATE-269 =)

jadestorm wrote:

I may have misread your other thread. Are you saying that the messages getting to the XMPP user are properly encoded but the administration page is not? (note that the encoding is the same in the translation file itself)

Sorry!)) I wished to tell that the problem with Russian codings is solved in IM-Clients (Miranda, Pandion and other) dialogue with ICQ users. Plugin is displayed not correctly on administrative page. I would not want that you translated on Russian language. English the default language administrative page. Sorry my bad english.

Hi, Stend!

Please, read my messages in the http://www.igniterealtime.org/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=26546 thread about it for manualy correct this problem…

To nongrate

Thank you very much!!! I deleted this file and solved my trouble)))

I posted this in another thread, but I wanted to post here too. I’‘m removing cyrillic support from 1.1.0 for now. I don’‘t know what’‘s wrong with it, but it’‘s clearly causing a lot of problems and I’'d rather it not be in there than causing problems. =)

hi jadestorm, i think you’'ve a bug in the roster management in beta 3 …

if i’'m logged in with one clinet and then log in with another client my icq contacts appear in the first roster but not in the second.