1.1.0 Beta 6

Hi folk!

Attached is 1.1.0 Beta 6. It includes a number of fixes since the last beta. I think I caught a major leftover session issue… turns out for some bizarre reason Openfire isn’‘t always sending me an unavailable presence notification when you log out. Why I don’'t know, but I am now -also- watching to see if the internals of openfire tell me your session went away, so it double-fold looks for you to log out to try to make sure you get booted when you are supposed to.

It also fixes the issue where only one person can use IRC’'s MUC support.

I switched the IRC support to use a new library and there’‘s a known ignorable issue where it’‘s spitting a null pointer exception when logging out. Ignore for now, I’'ll silence before release.

Lots of other tweaks here and there. Still some work to go before 1.1.0, but we’'re getting there. Please let me know what issues you run into.

Daniel

Just wanted to say “Thanks!!” for your efforts!! I appreciate it.

I second the thanks. This is a great program. I upgraded to beta 6 but i still get this error from yahoo:

2007.08.02 09:19:59 org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.protocols.yahoo.YahooSession.updateStatus(Yaho oSession.java:402) Unable to set Yahoo Status:

java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe

at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Method)

at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:92)

at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:136)

at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(BufferedOutputStream.java:65)

at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(BufferedOutputStream.java:123)

at java.io.DataOutputStream.flush(DataOutputStream.java:106)

at org.openymsg.network.DirectConnectionHandler.sendPacket(Unknown Source)

at org.openymsg.network.Session.sendPacket(Unknown Source)

at org.openymsg.network.Session.sendPacket(Unknown Source)

at org.openymsg.network.Session.transmitNewStatus(Unknown Source)

at org.openymsg.network.Session.setStatus(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.protocols.yahoo.YahooSession.updateStatus(Yah ooSession.java:394)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.BaseTransport.processPacket(BaseTransport.jav a:323)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.BaseTransport.processPacket(BaseTransport.jav a:171)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.component.InternalComponentManager$RoutableComponent. process(InternalComponentManager.java:490)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.PresenceRouter.handle(PresenceRouter.java:139)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.PresenceRouter.route(PresenceRouter.java:69)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:75)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.processPresence(StanzaHandler.java: 306)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.ClientStanzaHandler.processPresence(ClientStanzaH andler.java:85)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:231)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:153)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.messageReceived(ConnectionHandl er.java:132)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$TailFilter.messageReceived (AbstractIoFilterChain.java:703)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:362)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:54)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:800)

at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.support.SimpleProtocolDecoderOutput.flush(SimplePr otocolDecoderOutput.java:62)

at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.messageReceived(ProtocolCodecF ilter.java:200)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:362)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:54)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:800)

at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter.processEvent(ExecutorFilter.java :266)

at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter$ProcessEventsRunnable.run(Execut orFilter.java:326)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java: 885)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:907)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Chatting to yahoo seems to be fine though. Other than that, i have zero problems or errors from the plugin.

Has anyone else been getting status messages on yahoo showing up next to the wrong person for this release? I just happened to see it on accident, but almost every time I relogin to spark now the away messages are assigned to someone else. My apologies, I haven’'t had time to do more research yet but was wondering if anyone else had seen this. I am on beta 6 currently, but did not notice if this was happening with any of the earlier releases.

Thanks again for your time and effort!

Scott

Have you tried a different client than Spark to see if it occurs elsewhere? I’'ve never been able to duplicate this.

Jwchat and pidgin produce different results- No contacts show up at all. Soapbox communicator shows the roster, but every single person is offline (which is not true). I’'m beginning to think about going back to beta 5.

Most likely going back to beta 5 would make things a lot worse. But who knows. I don’‘t understand why this would be occuring, I can’'t duplicate it. Is anyone else seeing this?

BTW what’'s soapbox communicator?

(btw, jwchat seems to cause a -LOT- of weird crap with the gateways, I don’'t yet know why)

Ok, well I’‘m open to suggestions if there’‘s a specific client you’‘d like me to try? Or as if you don’'t have enough to do already you could try creating an account on my server and see if you get the same errors.

Sorry, Pidgin shows the roster as well but shows every person offline. I didn’'t have the show offline box checked.

I don’'t mind trying that, private message me some details?

I did email the details over earlier. I sent it to the email address listed in your profile.

Thanks again,

Scott

Would you mind removing gateway.jar from your plugins folder, waiting until the gateway directory vanishes, and then reinstalling 1.1.0 beta 6? I’‘m wondering if there isn’‘t some letover pieces of the plugin sitting around that the update mechanism isn’'t cleaning up properly.

I removed the existing gateway, stopped and restarted the server and made sure the gateway directory was deleted automatically. Once I saw that it was, I stopped the server again, re-downloaded the beta 6 version and copied it over. I restarted the server, logged in with several clients and am still seeing the same issue. JWchat, pandion and pidgin show all users as offline. Only spark shows the users as online, but I haven’'t been able to verify if the status messages are correct yet.

That’'s quite bizarre that it just started doing this in 1.1.0. Is anyone else running into this issue? Unable to use MSN in 1.1.0 Beta 6?