powered by Jive Software

1.1.1 Released!

Hi folk, attached it version 1.1.1 of the IM Gateway plugin. (it will be available via the plugins page and via the admin console as soon as I can get up with someone to put it there) A number of reported bugs have been fixed as well as some minor functionality improvements. I’ve switched to using Spark since the bulk of you all seem to be using it, so hopefully I’ll start seeing more of the issues you all run into. Of course, I’m already running into a lot of “this is broken with my Spark” but it works fine with my install. =/ Regardless, hopefully we’ll get the Spark experience running really smoothly and in turn will make other clients run even smoother. (I think Adium X was babysitting some of the issues I had, and Psi appears to be a little more forgiving than Spark)

Anyway, see the changelog for information about what was fixed. I do want to point out those that a lot of the problems folk have been seeing with disconnections after 20 minutes (?) and weird issues when adding contacts or logging in and not seeing groups have not been addressed yet. There have been a number of misc improvements though and there’s a chance that part of these problems have been solved so if you were having these problems before, and are willing to re-test, please do! It’s still very odd to me that I can’t reproduce the issues and looking at you all’s logs, I can’t even see that the plugin is doing anything wrong. =/

Annnyway, here is 1.1.1!

my issues are still here

Windows Spark

Hey,

Just wondering about the MSN name 'cause my MSN name isnt the nickname i set in spark, infact, its the name i signed up with on my MSN account?

Thanks

wroot wrote:

my issues are still here

Windows Spark

And the issues you are referring to are the offline buddies appearing in online groups and online buddies appearing in the offline group issue? Oh btw, would you do me a favor and grep your logs for “Offline” and see if you happen to see any references to the offline group? I just want to make absolute sure that for some reason Spark or Openfire isn’t passing me the actual real offline group.

winsrev wrote:

Hey,

Just wondering about the MSN name 'cause my MSN name isnt the nickname i set in spark, infact, its the name i signed up with on my MSN account?

The MSN transport doesn’t set any specific nickname for you. It just logs you in. Where is this nickname that you are setting? “Edit Profile”? I certainly could add support for that. Just let me know for sure what you are referring to.

i mean the name after you’ve logged in, theres no way to change it for me, its stuck as the real name i signed up with at MSN.

winsrev wrote:

i mean the name after you’ve logged in, theres no way to change it for me, its stuck as the real name i signed up with at MSN.

Right but, where exactly would you expect to change that?

i dont, i thought it’d change to the nickname/name you have set in spark preferences.

winsrev wrote:

i dont, i thought it’d change to the nickname/name you have set in spark preferences.

Well, there’s probably no reason why I -couldn’t- do that. =) GATE-317

thanks very much

I’ll try to describe my problemas as their appear:

  • Launch Openfire

  • Launch Spark

  • There is no General group, though i’m connected to ICQ service

  • Logout in Spark

  • Login in Spark

  • Everything is fine (no offline contacts in General group (maybe it’s fixed at last), no onlne in Offline, Pending contacts are in Offline group)

  • Logout in Spark (Exiting and launching again does the same)

  • Login in Spark

  • All Pending contacts are now shown in General group along with online contacts (bad). This can be fixed only by restarting Openfire (Spark logout or restart doesnt help).

So, there is two issues now. No Online Group after Openfire starting, and Pending contacts in General group. Do you need any logs?

One more thing. Just checked GATE-196 - ICQ offline messages not working for everyone It’s working. But it would be good to have “(Offline)” prefix to that messages, like it is with xmpp in Spark.

wroot wrote:

One more thing. Just checked GATE-196 - ICQ offline messages not working for everyone It’s working. But it would be good to have “(Offline)” prefix to that messages, like it is with xmpp in Spark.

GATE-318 =)

wroot wrote:

I’ll try to describe my problemas as their appear:

  • Launch Openfire
  • Launch Spark
  • There is no General group, though i’m connected to ICQ service
  • Logout in Spark
  • Login in Spark
  • Everything is fine (no offline contacts in General group (maybe it’s fixed at last), no onlne in Offline, Pending contacts are in Offline group)
  • Logout in Spark (Exiting and launching again does the same)
  • Login in Spark
  • All Pending contacts are now shown in General group along with online contacts (bad). This can be fixed only by restarting Openfire (Spark logout or restart doesnt help).

So, there is two issues now. No Online Group after Openfire starting, and Pending contacts in General group. Do you need any logs?

Yes it would be handy to have logs from the beginning of this process til the end.

(debug logs from openfire, but also ideally XML conversation logs from Spark)

Would you mind? Email to me? Thanks!

Daniel

Great work! Thanks! You r great man!

PS. Still wait for GATE-195 fix… :-\

thx for offline-messages in icq.

Is the next on your ICQ-ToDo-List to feature to add and auth. people? Is very ugly to add people with gaim in icq to use them in jabber/psi.

Edit: On Pidgin the Away-Fetcher says, that my Encoding of the Away-MSG is not the same like pidgin use. (Jabber-Away-MSG works very well)

We told Pidgin to use iso-8859-1 encoding like the settings in die ICQ-Gate. - Nothing happend.

Using Psi on Ubuntu and the Pidgin runs on WindowsXP-SP2.

Message was edited by: bigdaddy

It’s on my list, no timeframe.

Edit: On Pidgin the Away-Fetcher says, that my Encoding of the Away-MSG is not the same like pidgin use. (Jabber-Away-MSG works very well)

We told Pidgin to use iso-8859-1 encoding like the settings in die ICQ-Gate. - Nothing happend.

I’m afraid I have no idea what you are talking about here. Haven’t heard of an Away-Fetcher or anything like that.

bigdaddy wrote:

Using Psi on Ubuntu and the Pidgin runs on WindowsXP-SP2.

Message was edited by: bigdaddy

thx for offline-messages in icq.

Is the next on your ICQ-ToDo-List to feature to add and auth. people? Is very ugly to add people with gaim in icq to use them in jabber/psi.

maaboo wrote:

Great work! Thanks! You r great man!

PS. Still wait for GATE-195 fix… :-\

Would you be willing to work with me on this? If you have ICQ 2003b or whatever it is installed I could get you to send me a message and then I could see what it is that’s arriving that I’m not parsing. For some reason my install of ICQ 2003 (something) isn’t causing this problem. =/ My JID is daniel@vorpalcloud.org if you wouldn’t mind dropping me a note and we’ll try to test it out.

Edit: On Pidgin the Away-Fetcher says, that my Encoding of the Away-MSG is not the same like pidgin use. (Jabber-Away-MSG works very well)

We told Pidgin to use iso-8859-1 encoding like the settings in die ICQ-Gate. - Nothing happend.

I’m afraid I have no idea what you are talking about here. Haven’t heard of an Away-Fetcher or anything like that.

Hmm, sorry - my ugly english …

Ok, when you move your curser over a contact, gaim/pidgin displays the awaymessage it has fetched from the contact. If you combine the icq and the jabber-contact to on contact in the list, he shows both away-messages (from jabber and from icq) at one time.

The jabber-message is the right one but in the icq msg pidgin say that the body use a unknown charset and he can’t fetch the awaymessage.

We checked the charset-settings from the icq-protocol in pidgin and set it to the same like in the openfire webinterface unter gateways > icq. (iso-8859-1 for centraleurope) but it doesn’t fit the problem.

Hrm. GATE-329