2.0.0 Officially Released!

The official release of 2.0.0 is finally out. There are a huge number of great improvements from the beta, including:

• All-new admin console.

• Support for plugins and internal components (docs on this coming soon).

• Numerous bug fixes.

• Big simplfication of the database schema.

Unfortunately, there are always things that there just isn’'t time to implement for a release. For 2.0.0, this list includes:

• LDAP support is currently broken. Fixes are almost done, so it should be working again in 2.0.1.

• Deployment inside an app-server (as a WAR) isn’‘t documented yet. We’'re working on a special WAR-based release script to address this.

• We don’‘t have database upgrade scripts yet. For now, you’‘ll need to start with a fresh database schema. We have upgrade scripts from Messenger 1.1 mostly done, but they aren’‘t extensively tested yet. If people are interested in testing, please post a message and we’'ll send the relevant scripts to you.

Enjoy the new release!

Regards,

Matt

Matt, I was really happy to see that 2.0.0 includes plugins and internal components. I know the docs are coming but in the meantime is there some code that I could look at to get an idea of what’'s required to build a plugin/component?

I’'m soooo glad you guys open sourced the server. Thanks for all your hard work.

I think you are looking for that.

http://www.jivesoftware.org/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=44

guido

wharold,

There are very simple Component and ComponentManager classes in Messenger that can be used already. In the near future, these will be transitioned into using Whack (check out the Whack forum for more info). The admin console is already deployed as a plugin – for more info on plugins, see the url http://www.jivesoftware.org/builds/messenger/docs/latest/documentation/javadoc/ org/jivesoftware/messenger/container/Plugin.htmlPlugin[/url] interface.

We hope to have some sample plugins and components out soon.

Regards,

Matt

Hi Matt,

Thanks for this info. I am not sure exactly how the plugin accesses the internet Jive Messanger API though?

How is the API exposed ?

Actually I guess I can just look at the code for the admin console…

Thanks,

Serge

Serge,

Check out the plugin developer guide that’‘s in CVS (in the normal documentation location). We’'ll also be releasing a sample plugin soon.

Regards,

Matt