2.0.5 double opens on boot

Sean111,

I have looked again at the Startup folder, and have found no Spark mention there. As you thought, that is probably not the problem here.

If we could get one of the design team to look at where they designed Spark to install to, and if they made redundant starts active for any reason. One of the problems with this issue is that it only happens sporadically. If it happened every time, it would, most likely, be easier to troubleshoot.

Gerra

Hi Gerra,

could you please check if you see two times Spark.exe in Windows Task Manager. You did post that closing one instance did also close the other one. Maybe it is a timing problem during startup / after boot. A thread dump may be nice for Derek if this is the case, http://www.adaptj.com/root/main/download offers a tool to get one on Windows.

LG

There is only one instance of Spark.exe in the Task Manager processes.

I have run the Thread Dump as you suggested, and will E-Mail it to Derek in conjunction with this issue.

I am curious as to why the first few folks who complained about this are not chiming in with their experiences. I know that I am in contact with one other person who has had the same thing happen (only once, so far) on his install of Spark, and it slowed his computer down noticeably during the time the two icons were in the systray. I would think this would be a higher priority for those folks.

Thanks,

Gerra

Hi folks,

Have we forgotten about this one? I still get the double icons in the systray from time to time, and another user complains of it, as well. Since it seems to slow down processes considerably whe it happens, I would have thought that this issue would have been given a higher priority.

Thanks,

Gerra

Hello all,

I don’'t want to be “whipping a dead horse”, but is there an answer to this one? Did it silently get fixed in the last upgrade? I will say that I upgraded the Spark to ver. 2.5.1, and have not seen a “double icon on boot” since. If it did get taken care of, a notice would have been appreciated. If it did not get fixed, has there been any work on this issue?

Just curious,

Gerra

From May 8th (my last post) to June 1rst, and no response to this thread. I have not seen the double icon in the systray in that time and I suspect that this issue has been solved, but shouldn’'t there be some authorative statement to that effect? Then we would know to stop watching this thread for an answer.

Thanks,

Gerra

Message was edited by: Gerra