2.1.5 tar.gz package without a DB?

Mmm… i have downloaded tar.gz package of 2.1.5 release and did tar -xzvf. And there is no embedded-db in it. So i cant really start any testing on my linux system… am i missing something?

Have spent half a day upgrading my Archlinux system (low bandwidth…:/), installing Java, downloading JM and all other parts i need. So i dont want play with other databases (downloading, configuring). And i need this installation only for testing. I cant use rpm. So how can i obtain embedded-db then?

Hi Wroot,

The embedded-db directory doesn’'t get created unless you select the hsqldb (embedded) database when you setup messenger for the first time.

Hope that helps,

Ryan

Ok, i’'ll check this later. Is this docuemented in install guide? Maybe this is too obvious, but not for me And i dont recall my first installation on linux… i thought there was an embedded-db folder already.

Ok, i’'ll check this later. Is this docuemented in

install guide?

I just looked and didn’‘t see it mentioned anywhere. Of course, that doesn’‘t mean it’'s not there. There should probably be a note somewhere in the install guide that mentions the creation of the directory if the embedded database is used.

OK-OK. Here is yours 10 points

BTW, congrats with your golden medal!

BTW, congrats with your golden medal!

Thanks! And I’'ve got to tell you, it was well worth all the work. Food tastes better. The air is clearer. The women I meet are more attractive. And, my teeth are whiter.

Ryan,

I’'ll let you enjoy being on top for a week or two before unveling the next level to attain. Mu ha ha ha!

-Matt

so what’'s next after a gold medal? “Developer” level?

BTW, as i probably miss Group Chat again today, wanted to ask. I’'m just curious. Ryan is registered 2003 year, but we have almost the same number of posts. How come?

BTW, as i probably miss Group Chat again today,

wanted to ask. I’'m just curious. Ryan is registered

2003 year, but we have almost the same number of

posts. How come?

I used to hang out on the support forums on jivesoftware.com pre-Messenger days. So, I think what happed was when the forums on jivesoftware.org were created my account was copied over.