2.2.1 Group Name not showing

Hello all,

I installed a fresh copy of JM (2.2.1) this morning. I imported my users and then recreated my groups since I didn’'t want to use old embedded-db.

When I start up my client, the group people no longer show as being in groups. I see them as online but they don’'t show up in the group names.

Is this something I might have messed up or is anyone else noticing this?

Thanks!

Hey wimnms,

Was this a problem during the import? Were you using the import/export users plugin? Could you check if the group has a display name in the admin console?

Thanks,

– Gato

Was this a problem during the import? Were you using the import/export users plugin? >>Could you check if the group has a display name in the admin console?

I started with doing an export of my users from my older version. I then installed the NEW 2.2.1 version. I then imported that exported list. Then I manually created groups (wish I had a group import/export ) and stuck people in them.

Yes, there is a name for Display name for each group.

which client?

Yo wroot!

It’'s Miranda with the jabber plugin.

I will tell you that all my users that use Miranda have the problem and BEFORE we all saw groups. So it’'s not like they never saw groups

UPDATE:

Using Exodus all the groups come up correctly.

Using Miranda (my version which I update a lot) or Miranda (from someone who has never updated it) doesn’'t show groups anymore…

I don’'t feel like scratching my head anymore on this so gonna just let this die out

I’‘m marking it as answered although I’'m still not sure what happened with Miranda roster/grouping…

wow 5 points ! I’'ll have to post more in MnMs threads Yes, i in luv with groups too :stuck_out_tongue: