2.3.0 install overwrites 2.2.2 config?

Just installed 2.3.0 over a 2.2.2 install. My config file is now the default. Is this the intended behavior? Is there a backup somewhere I’'m missing?

Thats right, you dont need to backup anything…eighter if you are using an embbeded database or an external one. The new verison of jive will take the old config files. (If you are using rpm -U of course.)

This was on Windows, and I was stating that it did in fact overwrite my config file. I’'ve reconstructed, but it was a bit painful.

I just upgraded myself.

In fact, the installer asks you if you want it to overwrite your config file. I clicked ‘‘no’’, and all my settings were intact.

I’'m guessing that you blindly clicked the default ‘‘yes’’ button (been there, done that).

So, the installer is doing the right thing. Perhaps the only modification the developers might consider is making ‘‘no’’ the default option.

-Rick

Perhaps the only modification the developers might consider

is making ‘‘no’’ the default option.

aha, fool-proof But most of the time i really hate that. Especially at delete confirmation dialogs. I press Del, and then Enter for Yes, but nooo i have to click on Left button to change focus to Yes before that. Oh, damn it