2.5.1 to 2.6.2 Upgrade Question

I apologize for the vagueness of this question, but I recall someone saying that they had run into issues upgrading from 2.5.1 to 2.6.1. At the time, I delayed upgrading for this reason. Have these issues been resolved in 2.6.2, whatever they might have been?

Hi,

do you mean the pizza guy? Or the linux upgrade where the file permissions after an RPM update were wrong? I did upgrade wildifre.war from 2.5.1 to 2.6.2 without any problem, but I know very well what I’‘m doing, which database I’'m using etc.

Versions 2.6.0 and 2.6.1 were really bad ones.

LG

I assume that means the issues have been resolved. Thanks!

The other thing to be careful about is if you’‘re using an older version of MySQL. If you’‘re using MySQL 3.x or 4.1 prior to, I think, 4.1.18, then you can’'t upgrade to 2.6.x. That version of Wildfire tries to change the DB schema so that the size of one of the fields is a value that is too large to be supported in the older versions of MySQL.

As far as I know there’'s no plan going forward to change Wildfire back to work with these older versions, so if this is your problem the only solution is to upgrade your MySQL version.

Hi,

2.6.0 or .1 did change the field size in a bad way, 2.6.2 did revert this change.

I did not look at the update scripts, maybe they cause still trouble if one wasn’'t to update from 2.5.x to 2.6.2 but I should believe that Gato took care of this issue.

LG

Hm! So you’'re saying that as of 2.6.2, you can now use older versions of MySQL again? IOW, the issue I raised in this thread: http://www.jivesoftware.org/community/message.jspa?messageID=118230 is no longer relevant?

That would be nice!

Hi,

on one hand it is no longer relevant according to Gato, if you do a fresh installation “max field size = 255”. But the upgrade process updates first to db-v7 and then to db-v8 so one may see errors. “Gato: edit upgrade #7 and replace 4000 and 1024 with 255.” I’‘m not a MySQL user so I don’'t know how the update process is affected.

LG