3.1 Release Update

How I wish that were the case too, but unfortunately it isn’‘t. Afaik, it’‘s in the road map of the enterprise version. For open source version, if ever there would, it’'ll probably be in version 10, or maybe Matt has the a more definitive answer

aznidin wrote:

How I wish that were the case too, but unfortunately it isn’‘t. Afaik, it’‘s in the road map of the enterprise version. For open source version, if ever there would, it’'ll probably be in version 10, or maybe Matt has the a more definitive answer

Actually, it’'s not in either roadmap yet. My guess is that if/when we do add virtual domain support, it would be part of Open Source, but then we might have some value-add tools for it in Enterprise.

Regards,

Matt

Matt, Sametime might not live long on company (at least on my division) after all, its been a few months I am running wildfire, and I started to push for Jabber (Wildfire more precisely) adoption instead of Sametime, it seems that I had some success, and they asked me to setup a wildfire on the division office for them to try it out… maybe we turn into customers, who knows

Alvarow,

Sounds cool. I’'ll drop you an email to see if we can help out at all.

Regards,

Matt

I’'d rather have gateway for the following major IM network very robust before we tackle other.

AIM

MSN

IRC

Yahoo

Indeed. Of course, having other networks in the mix actually improves this simply because you have one network do something weird that you are like “oh crap, I didn’'t account for that” and you can account for it across the board.

I’'m looking at you, Yahoo…

Does anyone know how soon these gateways will be available? I can’'t wait to test them out.

compguj wrote:

Does anyone know how soon these gateways will be available? I can’'t wait to test them out.

It’'s already available, as beta so far, so you can test it.

Forum:

http://www.jivesoftware.org/community/forum.jspa?forumID=59

Download:

http://www.jivesoftware.org/wildfire/plugins-beta.jsp

Are you guys still on target for 2-3 weeks from 9/08/2006 for 3.1.0 release? I got alot of people looking forward to nested shared groups.

There’‘s also SILC, but it’'s less used than IRC.

matt wrote:

we decided not to bring out the 3.1 release yesterday. The beta is looking very solid so far.

3.1.0b3 still does not solve my “presence” problems. The users are running Spark 2.0.2 and when I installed 3.1.0b3 using my exact same configuration, all the groups disappeared from the web interface (though it still said the correct number of groups existed, and when searching the right number of results appeared though the results themselves did not).

The “presence” problems seem even worse now though, since all the users no longer appear in the roster list at all with 3.1.0b3! Granted, I only gave it 10 minutes before rolling back to 3.0.1 again but since our database and configuration didn’'t change at all I think I gave it enough of a chance.

3.1.0b3 might be looking “solid” but if you don’‘t resolve the issues I’‘m still having that are most definitely 100% server-related, then it won’'t be usable for me and I assume also for a lot of people using LDAP with MS AD.

This sounds very odd. Can you paste in the LDAP config settings you’'re using (although remove your password and other sensitive info)?

Thanks,

Matt

I agree!!

:_| I have a similar problem with presence after update to 3.1 yesterday.

After this update some users can’‘t see others as a connected user. This problem is present when a new user connects to the server, for example user A and B is conected without problems but when C user connects too he can see users A and B but they cannot see user C. If i go back to 3.0.1 this problem isn’'t present.

I paste my configuration if it’'s required.

<ldap>

<host>localhost</host>

<port>389</port>

<usernameField>uid</usernameField>

<nameField>cn</nameField>

<emailField>mail</emailField>

<!-- <searchFilter>(mail=*cun.edu.co)</searchFilter> -->

<baseDN>cn=Empleados,cn=FamiliaCun,dc=cun,dc=edu,dc=co</baseDN>

<adminDN>cn=adm,dc=cun,dc=edu,dc=co</adminDN>

<adminPassword>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</adminPassword>

<groupNameField>cn</groupNameField>

<groupMemberField>memberUid</groupMemberField>