3.4.1 error logs

Hello,

Last Night I upgraded to 3.4.1 and while everything works as before my log files are now filling up with these errors: I understand what it’s looking for, but I want to know how to make it sotp logging this error or checking for the enterprise plugin… Did I install the wrong version?

ERROR:

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:381)

at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:396)

at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)

2007.11.08 08:24:54

org.jivesoftware.util.cache.CacheFactory.getMaxClusterNodes(CacheFactory.java:20 8)

Error instantiating clustered cache factory

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.jivesoftware.util.cache.CoherenceClusteredCacheFactory

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppClassLoader.loadClass(WebAppClassLoader.java:375 )

at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppClassLoader.loadClass(WebAppClassLoader.java:337 )

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.util.cache.CacheFactory.getMaxClusterNodes(CacheFactory.java:2 03)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.cluster.ClusterManager.getMaxClusterNodes(ClusterMana ger.java:387)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.admin.system_002dclustering_jsp._jspService(system_00 2dclustering_jsp.java:101)

at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1093)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:11 8)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1084)

at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:65)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1084)

at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingF ilter.java:41)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:69)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:98)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)

at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:712)

at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollect ion.java:211)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)

at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:313)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:506)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.j ava:830)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:514)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:381)

at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:396)

at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)

WARN:

Unable to find PluginClassloader for plugin: enterprise in CacheFactory.

INFO:

Just has a bunch of IQ packets sent to unreachable address that weren’t being logged before…

Anyone have a similar scenario?

Cheerz!

Matt

Hi Matt,

I did create JM-1179 yesterday, if sending packets makes this worse these are bad news.

You could install the Enterprise Plugin without a license, but as this creates a lot of tables in your database I wonder if you can live with these errors.

LG

LG,

Thanks for the response, I didn’t think to check the bug section… I can live with it, I just didn’t want openfire to one day stop working. I can always restore my snapshot of the Openfire server from yesterday and stay at 3.3.x.

Cheerz!

Matt

Hey Matt,

The java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.jivesoftware.util.cache.CoherenceClusteredCacheFactory error is printed when you go to the clustering page so it should not be filling up your logs. Is there anything else that you filling it up? I will make a change now not to print that error in that page.

Thanks,

– Gato

Oh I see! I didn’t notice the error was only logging when I clicked on the page… my bad Thank you!

Cheerz!

Matt