500 Error when completing final step of Openfire setup

Has anyone else encountered this and is there a workaround or forthcoming patch?

This is what I get after the final step of the setup process for the openfire server at URL “http://[my.domain.com]:9090/setup/setup-finished.jsp”.

Removing the parameters from the URL does not get me to the admin interface, it still takes me to the setup wizard.

Doesn’t seem to matter what values I put in for the admin user creation, this always happens:

HTTP ERROR: 500

INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR

RequestURI=/setup/setup-finished.jsp

Caused by:

java.lang.NullPointerException
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.admin.setup.setup_002dfinished_jsp._jspService(setup_002dfinished_jsp.java:74)
     at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1093)
     at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:118)
     at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
     at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:66)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
     at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:42)
     at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:70)
     at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:99)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:726)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:206)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:505)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:829)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:514)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:380)
     at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:395)
     at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:488)