About writing plugin

hii all…

i want to store the on going chat messages in a table on the jive server…

for that purpose, i am planning to write a plug-in for that.

i have read the documentation about plug-in but thats not enough…

if any body can give me source-code of any simple plug-in then i think this would be better…

moreover i want to know that can i access all the global references of modules running on the server through plug-in or not ??

Any help will be appreciated…

Thanking you all,

Pranav Thakker

Hey Pranav,

If you are using group chat rooms you can configure the room to log the room messages which may be stored in the database. If you are not using group chat then let me tell you that we are planning to add listeners, interceptors and filters to messenger so you can easily write a plugin which may add its own listeners and do whatever you need with the notified packet. I think that we may have support for listeners by the end of the next week so I will update this thread when this new functionality has been implemented.

Regards,

– Gato

Hey Gato

Thank you very much for your reply.

Well, I am not using rooms, I just want to store all the ongoing chat sessions in the database, for that I want to write plug-in.

hey I was thinking that listeners are already supported as I have seen in broadcast message plug-in, but as you have said if it is to be supported very soon, then please let me know.

Thanking you,

Waiting for great news,

Pranav Thakker

Hey Pranav,

Yesterday we added support for packet interceptors which may be used as packet listeners. You can read the org.jivesoftware.messenger.interceptor.InterceptorManager and org.jivesoftware.messenger.interceptor.PacketInterceptor classes to learn how to use them. I will later add a document that explains how to add and use a PacketInterceptor with some examples. You will need to get the latest nightly build or code from CVS.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

– Gato

Hey Gato,

Thank you very much for your support.

I will inform you soon about my experience with interceptors.

Ok…

Byee…

Pranav Thakker

Jive Team Added support for packet interceptors is very good !