Access Denied after reboot

Hello,

New to OpenFire, but I got it setup and after a reboot, it won’t start. Server is SBS 2011 (Windows Server 2008 R2 64 bit). I get:

log4j:ERROR setFile(null,true) call failed.

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files (x86)\Openfire\bin…\logs\debug.log (Access is denied)

Along with a bunch more that I can repost. If I rerun setup, it sees that it’s already configured, and picks up the old settings. I can then get in, but if I stop the service and start them back up, I get the same errors. I’ve seen this is a common issue (at least a couple posts that I’ve seen) but there doesn’t seem to be a resolution.

I wouldn’t think it’s a NTFS permission because it runs fine until you reboot the server.

Any resolution or tips for this…I don’t seem to be the only one.

Thanks,
Brian
OpenFire Error log.txt.zip (1351 Bytes)

After turning it off, try to launch it As administrator. Even if you are already logged in as admin.

Though, you’ve said that you stop and start the service. So you have installed it as a service? Then i’m not sure what to do. Sometimes Spark and Openfire has issues with the new security mechanics in Vista/7/2008/R2.

That was it! Thank you!

I noticed there’s no Windows service, so that it starts up automatically without the need for a login. Any way to set it up to run as a service?

Nevermind…found the command to install the service. Thought that was weird that there wasn’t an option.

openfire-service /install