Access Openfire groups using XIFF

Although it possible to create groups in the openfire (for example, using the web login) and associate users to that group, how can I access the available groups and the users assigned to that groups using XIFF?

And another question, it is possible to search for users that are in a specific group?

Thanks in advance!!

Hi

With latest Openfire and XIFF API i could get a list of all users in contact list…even if they are in multiple Groups.

I am working on populating groupwise listing…wil post the same soon…

If configured properly Openfire has wonderful features…

This community is very slow in responding to our questions…Steps i followed are…briefly

a) get a XMPPConnection b) Roster Loaded Event c) put a Tree control and the dataprovider for that can be an ArrayCollection. (tree.dataprovider = new ArrayCollection(ChatManager.roster.toArray())

Hey Valdemar,

Once you pull in your roster, each roster item has a property, groupNames.

You can use that to sort by group, etc.

There are two functions on the roster itself as well:

getContainingGroups( item:IRosterItemVO ):Array and getGroup( name:String ):IRosterGroup

You can pass in the roster item of the contact you are interested in and get an Array of RosterGroups or pass in a name you received from the groupNames property and get the RosterGroup associated with that name.

Hey Mark

Expectations are high from you people…I really appreciate the work you guys have done…Can u please provide code for same retrieving groups…

i used fetchRoster(); and passed that roster as data provider for a datagrid…

I am getting a list of users…(i think its returning roster as an array of RosterItemVO)

a) I want only displayName to be displayed…in the Grid…

b) can u provide a function to retrieve groupNames…

thankx

Hi I got it thru this rosterGrid.dataProvider = new ArrayCollection(chatManager.roster.getContainingGroups(chatManager.roster.getIt emAt(0))); put this in a loop and replace getItemAt(0) with getItemAt(i) this is listing a row with columns Items (Comma Separated Users), label (Group)…in which the logged in user is a member then do little actionscript to separate Users, Group and populate them in a Tree Component Its working fine now