Accessing Admin console remotely

Hi:

I installed Wildfire no problem on a CentOS 4.3 box via SSH. How do I access the admin console remotely to configure Wildfire? I have DNS resolving to the box OK but when I try: http://myserver.com:9090 to access the admin console, it can’'t find the console page.

Cheers,

Dave

Hi Dave,

did you start it?

Did you open also the firewall or is it blocking access to port 9090?

You could check that ports 9090 and 9091 are open (netstat -an|grep 909) and probably also the Wildfire log files.

LG

Hi:

Thanks for the quick response…

Yes the ports are open:

netstat -an |grep 909

tcp 0 0 :::9090 :::* LISTEN

tcp 0 0 :::9091 :::* LISTEN

It’‘s also showing in the process list as running. It’‘s actually a clean install and the server is hooked directly to the net with no firewall yet. We’'re pretty much wide open.

Cheers.

Dave

Hi:

You were correct. It was a iptables port problem. I just had to get jiggy with CentOS 4.3 default iptables setup. I added the appropriate ports to /etc/sysconfig/iptables and all is well. Just a quicky for future users who have this problem. Just do a ‘‘service iptables status’’ to check to see if the ports are open for wildfire.

Cheers,

Dave

After update 4 it comes with permission in the admin console. I’m also looking for a solution because I configured the IP I want and disabled the firewall and got no results.

If you installed fresh on the 4.8, you might have set a box there that limits the access to the admin panel coming only from 127.0.0.1.
to solve for this you might try to portfoward via ssh the 9091 to another port and while sshing then access your admin panel and then allow the IP you wish.
i think it might also be possible by editing the openfire.xml but i am unsure on how to do it.