Active Directory / admin login problem

Hi there

We’‘ve just upgraded to Openfire Enterprise but I’'m having a problem integrating Openfire with our Active Directory setup.

I’‘ve been through the LDAP setup wizard successfully and used the “test settings” feature at every stage. The base DN and admin DN are correct and I’'m able to pull up user profiles from the Active Directory without problems.

On the final stage of the wizard I’‘ve been able to chose users who are allowed to access the admin area, and I’'ve sucessfully simulated authenticating as those users on that screen.

However when it comes to entering the admin area for the first time I’'m unable to log in with any of the usernames.

I’‘ve checked my openfire.xml file has the list of authorised usernames and I’'ve also enabled debug logging as explained at the end of the Openfire LDAP Guide. Despite this, no data is being written to the logs/debug.xml file.

I’'ve tried restarting Openfire, restarting the server and even reinstalling but to no avail.

Please help!

Harry

Here are the contents of the conf/openfire.xml file:

]]>

cn

mail

ou

description

false

(objectClass=group)

org.jivesoftware.openfire.ldap.LdapVCardProvider

org.jivesoftware.openfire.ldap.LdapUserProvider

org.jivesoftware.openfire.ldap.LdapAuthProvider

org.jivesoftware.openfire.ldap.LdapGroupProvider

true

I’‘ve just checked logs/debug.log and I’'m seeing the following text for every login attempt.

Does anyone know why it would say “User Harry no allowed to login” when I’'ve clearly got “Harry” added in my authorised usernames in /conf/openfire.xml?

org.jivesoftware.openfire.auth.UnauthorizedException: User ‘‘Harry’’ no allowed to login.

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.admin.login_jsp._jspService(login_jsp.java:127)

at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:491)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1074)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:39)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1065)

at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:65)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1065)

at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingF ilter.java:41)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:69)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:98)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:365)

at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:185)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:689)

at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:391)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollect ion.java:146)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)

at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:285)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:457)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:765 )

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:627)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:209)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:357)

at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:329)

at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:475)

Hi Harry,

there may be an issue with the case-sensitivity of Openfire, try to stop it, change

and start Openfire again. Please let me know if this helps so I’'ll create an issue to get this fixed.

LG

Updated: JM-1100 created to track this issue

Thank you LG! That’'s fixed it and I can login no problem.

Thank you for your help.

Harry