Active Directory Administrator DN works only for CN without Spaces

Openfire is working great for us and integrates perfectly with Active Directory… with the exception of one thing. IT WORKS FINE when the ADMINISTRATOR DN (ROOT DN) doesn’t reference an OU that has SPACES in it. I’ve never seen this issue. We can’t rename the OU since we have quite a few other servers and services that use the OU now.

HERE’S WHAT WE WANT TO USE

CN=ConnectUser,CN=Super Users,DC=domain,DC=local

HERE’S WHAT WE ARE USING THAT WORKS (the default)

CN=Administrator,CN=Users,DC=domain,DC=local

We tested several other OU’s and anything that does NOT have a space appears to work fine. I’ve never seen this problem with other LDAP applications and I’ve read in some forums that spaces in Openfire should not be an issue.

The LDAP guide (http://www.igniterealtime.org/builds/openfire/docs/latest/documentation/ldap-gui de.html) is helpful but basic and does not address this issue.

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks.

1 Like

It would help if you actually had your Active Directory terminology correct. CN or container in AD is limited to: user accounts, groups, and the default organizational structures such as the Users and Computers containers. Any folders you create are called OU or organizational unit. Therefore your adminDN would be CN=ConnectUser,OU=Super Users,DC=domain,DC=local, assuming the ConnectUser is in fact a user account.

doh. Yep, you are correct. That’s what I get for staying up past 3 working. Thanks for pointing out my foul up.