Active directory integration failure

Hi, I’‘m trying to get Jive Messenger 2.0.1 to read from our Active Directory Win2k server. I’'m not having much luck though.

When I try to login with real or made-up AD users, I get the same “Authentication error: Not authorized” error. When I try to login with a user that I created in the HSQL database, it get two exceptions. This includes trying to login to the management console as Admin.

I’‘m pretting sure I’‘m using the correct LDAP info, as I can use other programs to browse the Active Directory via LDAP using the same login DN and password. However since I’'m getting the same error with real and made-up users, I could be wrong.

I’'m including the exceptions and my configuration in case that helps. Is LDAP support still a work in progress? Everything else seems pretty solid and easy to use. Thanks for any help you can offer.

-seren

Exceptions:

Jive Messenger 2.0.1 Started

Exception loading class: [Ljava.lang.String;@1eb904d

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.jivesoftware.messenger.ldap.LdapUserPropertiesProvider

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.user.UserProviderFactory.setProviders(UserProviderFa ctory.java:64)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.user.UserProviderFactory.loadProviders(UserProviderF actory.java:104)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.user.UserProviderFactory.getUserInfoProvider(UserPro viderFactory.java:74)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.user.spi.UserManagerImpl.getUser(UserManagerImpl.jav a:135)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.spi.SessionImpl.setAuthToken(SessionImpl.java:107)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.handler.IQAuthHandler.login(IQAuthHandler.java:185)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.handler.IQAuthHandler.handleIQ(IQAuthHandler.java:11 7)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.handler.IQHandler.process(IQHandler.java:53)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.spi.IQRouterImpl.handle(IQRouterImpl.java:123)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.spi.IQRouterImpl.route(IQRouterImpl.java:56)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:73)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReadThread.readStream(SocketReadThread.jav a:217)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReadThread.run(SocketReadThread.java:101)

Error handling authentication IQ packet

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.user.spi.UserManagerImpl.getUser(UserManagerImpl.jav a:135)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.spi.SessionImpl.setAuthToken(SessionImpl.java:107)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.handler.IQAuthHandler.login(IQAuthHandler.java:185)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.handler.IQAuthHandler.handleIQ(IQAuthHandler.java:11 7)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.handler.IQHandler.process(IQHandler.java:53)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.spi.IQRouterImpl.handle(IQRouterImpl.java:123)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.spi.IQRouterImpl.route(IQRouterImpl.java:56)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:73)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReadThread.readStream(SocketReadThread.jav a:217)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReadThread.run(SocketReadThread.java:101)

jive-messenger.xml

localhost

uid

cn

mail

DC=organization,DC=org

CN=username,CN=Users,DC=organization,DC=org

userpass

org.jivesoftware.messenger.ldap.LdapUserPropertiesProvider</classNam e>

org.jivesoftware.messenger.ldap.LdapUserInfoProvider

org.jivesoftware.messenger.ldap.LdapAuthProvider

seren,

AD/LDAP support is broken in Jive Messenger 2.0.0 and 2.0.1 – this is a known issue that we’'re working on fixing for the next release.

Regards,

Matt

Is there any new news on LDAP support?

Yep – it should be working now but I’'m trying to find a server to test with locally. It will be fully supported in the 2.1 release, though.

Regards,

Matt

Thanks Matt,

That is great new news! Could you give a rough estimate as to when 2.1 might be released?

2.1 Beta should be out this week. If you’‘re interested – the nightly builds should now be stable and we’'d love to get feedback on whether LDAP is starting to work for people.

Regards,

Matt

thanks again Matt,

I will try and get a copy to try out, but might be pushed to try out Active Directory before christmas

Bren

This feature work in Jive Messenger 2.1.0 ?

This feature work in Jive Messenger 2.1.0 ?

Yes, LDAP support and therefore AD support is fully working in 2.1. Several people are discussing making 2.1 work with AD if you look through other recent threads.

Regards,

Matt