powered by Jive Software

Active directory integration failure

Hi, I’‘m trying to get Jive Messenger 2.0.1 to read from our Active Directory Win2k server. I’'m not having much luck though.

When I try to login with real or made-up AD users, I get the same “Authentication error: Not authorized” error. When I try to login with a user that I created in the HSQL database, it get two exceptions. This includes trying to login to the management console as Admin.

I’‘m pretting sure I’‘m using the correct LDAP info, as I can use other programs to browse the Active Directory via LDAP using the same login DN and password. However since I’'m getting the same error with real and made-up users, I could be wrong.

I’'m including the exceptions and my configuration in case that helps. Is LDAP support still a work in progress? Everything else seems pretty solid and easy to use. Thanks for any help you can offer.

-seren

Exceptions:

Jive Messenger 2.0.1 Started

Exception loading class: [Ljava.lang.String;@1eb904d

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.jivesoftware.messenger.ldap.LdapUserPropertiesProvider

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.user.UserProviderFactory.setProviders(UserProviderFa ctory.java:64)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.user.UserProviderFactory.loadProviders(UserProviderF actory.java:104)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.user.UserProviderFactory.getUserInfoProvider(UserPro viderFactory.java:74)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.user.spi.UserManagerImpl.getUser(UserManagerImpl.jav a:135)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.spi.SessionImpl.setAuthToken(SessionImpl.java:107)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.handler.IQAuthHandler.login(IQAuthHandler.java:185)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.handler.IQAuthHandler.handleIQ(IQAuthHandler.java:11 7)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.handler.IQHandler.process(IQHandler.java:53)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.spi.IQRouterImpl.handle(IQRouterImpl.java:123)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.spi.IQRouterImpl.route(IQRouterImpl.java:56)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:73)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReadThread.readStream(SocketReadThread.jav a:217)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReadThread.run(SocketReadThread.java:101)

Error handling authentication IQ packet

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.user.spi.UserManagerImpl.getUser(UserManagerImpl.jav a:135)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.spi.SessionImpl.setAuthToken(SessionImpl.java:107)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.handler.IQAuthHandler.login(IQAuthHandler.java:185)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.handler.IQAuthHandler.handleIQ(IQAuthHandler.java:11 7)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.handler.IQHandler.process(IQHandler.java:53)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.spi.IQRouterImpl.handle(IQRouterImpl.java:123)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.spi.IQRouterImpl.route(IQRouterImpl.java:56)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:73)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReadThread.readStream(SocketReadThread.jav a:217)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReadThread.run(SocketReadThread.java:101)

jive-messenger.xml

localhost

uid

cn

mail

DC=organization,DC=org

CN=username,CN=Users,DC=organization,DC=org

userpass

org.jivesoftware.messenger.ldap.LdapUserPropertiesProvider</classNam e>

org.jivesoftware.messenger.ldap.LdapUserInfoProvider

org.jivesoftware.messenger.ldap.LdapAuthProvider

seren,

AD/LDAP support is broken in Jive Messenger 2.0.0 and 2.0.1 – this is a known issue that we’'re working on fixing for the next release.

Regards,

Matt

Is there any new news on LDAP support?

Yep – it should be working now but I’'m trying to find a server to test with locally. It will be fully supported in the 2.1 release, though.

Regards,

Matt

Thanks Matt,

That is great new news! Could you give a rough estimate as to when 2.1 might be released?

2.1 Beta should be out this week. If you’‘re interested – the nightly builds should now be stable and we’'d love to get feedback on whether LDAP is starting to work for people.

Regards,

Matt

thanks again Matt,

I will try and get a copy to try out, but might be pushed to try out Active Directory before christmas

Bren

This feature work in Jive Messenger 2.1.0 ?

This feature work in Jive Messenger 2.1.0 ?

Yes, LDAP support and therefore AD support is fully working in 2.1. Several people are discussing making 2.1 work with AD if you look through other recent threads.

Regards,

Matt