Add an administrator

Right now I am the only person that can login to the Administrator console of Openfire. How can I add an additional administrator account?

If you are using LDAP, simply stop the server and edit the openfire.xml.

I to would like to know the anwer to this, I attempted to edit the XML file, however I did not see the correct login info in this file. I am looking to ā€œAddā€ an LDAP account as well, surely there is a way to do this from the admin console.

Are you using LDAP or local Openfire users?

If itā€™s local, use the ā€˜Create new userā€™ option under the ā€˜usersā€™ tab. You can select ā€˜admin userā€™ as an option when you do this.

If itā€™s LDAP, use your LDAP environment to add a user. LDAP is read-only from Openfire. You can just add the additional admin userā€™s jid to the admin.authorizedJIDs system property and they will be able to login to the system as an administrator.

1 Like

LDAP Users

I did find this field, however I was a bit confused over how should this field be populated. Please verify, as I know any changes to the logins can have detrimental effects to use/login of the Admin Console.

Ex.

xxxx1@domain, xxxx2@domain

or

xxxx1@domain

xxxx2@domain

Please verify.

first oneā€¦seperate user id with a comma

1 Like

Thank you!

I tried this and then I was unable to log back in. Had to edit the XML file and remove the added ,user@domain

Can you clarify the syntax? Iā€™m not versed in XML at all. Sorry